Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With strong support at 260 and next resistance at 280, if I were a short term trader, I might find this a pretty nifty trade.

From my BFPT perspective, 262 is the median sentiment price. So I am still content to hold at these prices. It's a fair price for holding longterm.

Ok, buying some additional shares here.
Keeping some cash in case we drop even lower.
Let's see if we can hop over $260 again during today's trading session.
I do not see any big negative news that is Tesla related.
Remaining carfully because I do not know if Deutsche and Pacific Crest do know something we do not know;)

Ok, buying some additional shares here.
Let's see if we can hop over $260 during today's trading session.
I do not see any big negative news that is Tesla related.
Remaining carfully because I do not know if Deutsche and Pacific Crest do know something we do not know;)

I agree that this drop is on china/greece. But you are right that there is some chance that there could be some insider information about product delay.

I am not worried about the qualitative aspects of the X. Doing a good job on the new car is well within their capabilities.

The China panic has to continue into next week, doesn't it? Considering how many stocks are not trading.

Last edited:
Here we are guys.....just like I was worrying about.... we keep hypnotising ourselves into absurd expectations. I'm not sure we are achieving our goals with this thread anymore. We are magnifying our mistakes instead of reducing them.

This place shouldn't be a circlej*** about how cool TSLA is and how it will go to 2000$. It should be a coolheaded, cold-blooded, cynical temple of analysis and speculation.

People are getting hurt because of this thread. And we need to fix it or close it.

NOTE: I haven't traded in the last 3 or 4 months and I am only holding my long term positions. So don't think I'm saying this because I just made a fresh mistake. Even though....I should have followed my own advice and I should have taken some profit off the table in the last weeks to redeploy at a better time.

Here we are guys.....just like I was worrying about.... we keep hypnotising ourselves into absurd expectations. I'm not sure we are achieving our goals with this thread anymore. We are magnifying our mistakes instead of reducing them.

This place shouldn't be a circlej*** about how cool TSLA is and how it will go to 2000$. It should be a coolheaded, cold-blooded, cynical temple of analysis and speculation.

People are getting hurt because of this thread. And we need to fix it or close it.

NOTE: I haven't traded in the last 3 or 4 months and I am only holding my long term positions. So don't think I'm saying this because I just made a fresh mistake. Even though....I should have followed my own advice and I should have taken some profit off the table in the last weeks to redeploy at a better time.

This thread is the most valuable source of information for Tesla short term traders. Yes, it hurts when it goes down, but the ride up was quite nice. Nothing to panic, but I'd prefer to capture the upside soon!

This thread is the most valuable source of information for Tesla short term traders. Yes, it hurts when it goes down, but the ride up was quite nice. Nothing to panic, but I'd prefer to capture the upside soon!

Please shut down all computers on this planet and erase all storage media as there might be some invalid information out there in our networked computer system.
Next please forbid people to remember things and talking to each other.

Didn't realize I was having so much fun today. Don't tell the wife...LOL

The information is available throughout the forums. And is usually available before and with better quality than on this specific thread. There are exceptions of course.

Please shut down all computers on this planet and erase all storage media as there might be some invalid information out there in our networked computer system.
Next please forbid people to remember things and talking to each other.

You don't think the tone of the thread has derailed "a little bit"? I keep reading about 380$ to 2000$ price targets by tomorrow.....by January.....when the design studio comes out. Maybe it's only me....but I heard almost noone suggesting to take some profits or to expect a potential pullback. We used to make better collective decisions once.

- - - Updated - - -

How much of this selling is forced liquidation from Chinese investors with margin calls in china? Could be an explanation why it was so violent of a drop.

Good hypothesis. I find it hard to believe "pacific crest" would hurt more than DB. I'm sure TSLA is in the portfolio of a lot of/most margin heavy retail investors.

If so we should expect a quick bounce...unless we have scared the longs who have profited from this run up into taking some money off the table and settling with their current gains. That would probably lead to a slow decline until we get some catalyst.

The information is available throughout the forums. And is usually available before and with better quality than on this specific thread. There are exceptions of course.

You don't think the tone of the thread has derailed "a little bit"? I keep reading about 380$ to 2000$ price targets by tomorrow.....by January.....when the design studio comes out. Maybe it's only me....but I heard almost noone suggesting to take some profits or to expect a potential pullback. We used to make better collective decisions once.

Personally I do not have the impression that the short term thread is a copy and paste thread with exceptions.

Personally I have the impression that this is a valuable thread.

I don't like the fact that we broke the uptrend, and the 20-day SMA. In the highly unlikely event that we close above open today, then this might not matter. But this should be at best a time for consolidation going into earnings, and at worst, a retracement to 50% fib. levels (~$230). That's where I'll be looking to add (assuming nothing changes). People who have been around long enough know when to pull the trigger and when to wait patiently on the side-lines.
While I welcome the new members of the TMC family, I do wish people would be more thoughtful in their posts and provide good quality information like many have done before (eg. TSLAOpt, DaveT, etc.). Just because you bought in at $200 instead of $20, doesn't mean that you also can get a 10x return by wishing TSLA goes to $2000 in the next 3 years....

Well, TSLA was consolidating in the 270's and looking for an excuse to break up or down. Two consecutive analyst reports from less reputable firms that were overall mediocre in sentiment (though largely bullish for the long-term, as usual) was all traders needed to put the selling pressure on. In a vacuum of news from Tesla, when combined with an abrupt shift in macro market sentiment, this is what can happen.

I'm on the sidelines for now with options on TSLA, but I'm not even close to selling my core shares, which I call the "you can have these only when Model 3 is in volume production fund."

I actually like where we are now. TSLA is moving with the Auto sector in general. Nissan got hit a bit harder. Overall market sentiment is turning sour so expect fear mongerers and the people who are saying the bull market is over. Blanket statements never apply to the stock markets for the people who are new to the game.

I just accumulated some shares with whatever cash I had left. The recent tour about the assembly line being prepped with more robots than ever was really good and jives with things that were said earlier about Tesla keeping things closer to the chest.

I'm with Flux. The fact that we took such a hard hit in such a short period of time is what stings here. A 10% pullback after the run we just had is not surprising. If it had happened over a few days I think we would have just said the stock was trying to find its footing before running up into the ER.

Shorter-term investors were just looking for an excuse to take some cash off the table. I've been shocked over the past week or so that Greece and China were unable to deter the rise in TSLA. I began raising cash at $270 and expected my fellow investors to do the same, but TSLA just didn't seem to care. Seems like that report yesterday was just the straw that broke the bull's back.

We've got positive catalysts ahead. Relax and let the stock figure out where the buyers are. Then, if you were playing it smart and raised some cash, that'll be the time to start adding in anticipation of a good ER and Model X release. Yeah, it is a bummer that Greece, China, and some analysts might have just derailed a short squeeze, but we'll get another shot at them. This time we'll come at them from the mid to high 200's instead of $180 and there won't be as much room for them to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.