Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never does in these TV interviews. These aren't for new information, these are for getting the public to hear the information we all already know.

edit: oh, just mentioned RHD in April.

Musk sometimes answers questions he shouldn't. It was nice to see him defer the production question. I sometimes think that interviewers know that he has almost no filter and so they ask him all sort of things to see if they can bait an answer out of him.

I think he also slipped and said Model E, so I guess that's confirmed as the name. He's very optimistic about China and that excites me the most. I also loved how he turned things around when they were spending too much time asking about the term recall. He said that's not the big news today and went on to talk about sales and revenue.

Musk sometimes answers questions he shouldn't. It was nice to see him defer the production question. I sometimes think that interviewers know that he has almost no filter and so they ask him all sort of things to see if they can bait an answer out of him.

Oh for sure, I didn't intend to make a value judgment on it. The TV interviews should just be for dissemination of already-known information. CNBC does not deserve juicy new bits of info.

I'm no expert but he hasn't really said anything of importance.
Oh yes he did...

China: putting cars on the boat in 1 month, first deliveries in March. Big interest, forecasting strong sales by the end of the year over there.
Right hand drive: deliveries for UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan to start in April.
Model X: Deliveries start in 1 year, with volume ramping up in H1 2015.
Model E/Battery factory: The real issue is bulding the giga factory for Model E batteries. They are finalizing the location (state!) in a month or two. They are building it with partners. He will share more on this during teh q4 call!

- - - Updated - - -

I think he also slipped and said Model E, so I guess that's confirmed as the name. He's very optimistic about China and that excites me the most. I also loved how he turned things around when they were spending too much time asking about the term recall. He said that's not the big news today and went on to talk about sales and revenue.

Exactly! The guy was asking "so what about Model E?" and he said "The key for Model E, which is the smaller than S, half priced..."

That was all after I posted that. ;)

Oh yes he did...

China: putting cars on the boat in 1 month, first deliveries in March. Big interest, forecasting strong sales by the end of the year over there.
Right hand drive: deliveries for UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan to start in April.
Model X: Deliveries start in 1 year, with volume ramping up in H1 2015.
Model E/Battery factory: The real issue is bulding the giga factory for Model E batteries. They are finalizing the location (state!) in a month or two. They are building it with partners. He will share more on this during teh q4 call!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! The guy was asking "so what about Model E?" and he said "The key for Model E, which is the smaller than S, half priced..."

Was that on regular benzinga or pro version? Didn't see it on regular.

It was in the TSLA news section of my TD Ameritrade account. However, my favorite news there today was the closing price of the large number of Jan 135 call contracts I bought yesterday 12 seconds before the market close. That's in addition to the significant stock position that I obtained nearly a year ago, for which I have never added or sold. I have mainly used options to write covered calls against my long position before possible drops in share price, as I did throughout much of the autumn. I was long call options for a while during the mid-year run-up and again just now. Congratulations to fellow long-term shareholders, and to those who joined me in taking a bullish options position before today's press conference at the auto show. It's too bad we can't all get together this evening to celebrate.

It was in the TSLA news section of my TD Ameritrade account. However, my favorite news there today was the closing price of the large number of Jan 135 call contracts I bought yesterday 12 seconds before the market close. That's in addition to the significant stock position that I obtained nearly a year ago, for which I have never added or sold. I have mainly used options to write covered calls against my long position before possible drops in share price, as I did throughout much of the autumn. I was long call options for a while during the mid-year run-up and again just now. Congratulations to fellow long-term shareholders, and to those who joined me in taking a bullish options position before today's press conference at the auto show. It's too bad we can't all get together this evening to celebrate.

Congrats to the long term holders!

PS. I do not have a position. But congrats to the holders non-the-less.

Congrats to the long term holders!

PS. I do not have a position. But congrats to the holders non-the-less.

Thanks! I made over $500 on my small, short purchase alone today, even though I missed on the big dip it was well compensated by the big $20+ pop later. So I guess that parcel of 25 shares goes into the long bin now. :) Also helped that today's dollar exchange rate was in my favor.
(Pro-tip: Buy futures in ramen noodles, any flavor - that's gonna be on my menu for a while:) (j/k)
happy dance, had good wine - cheers, good friends

Any possibility for more analyst upgrades this week? The higher than expected deliveries and the emphasis on the continued growth seem like the kind of things they look for.
I'm friends with Andrea James of Doughtery & co. Not close friends but TESLA friends. She has always been bullish. She will probably reiterate or raise. She was expecting around 6,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to yourself! It was nice to have a gain like today... I happen to make a good choice last week, ( option gained 4000%, jan 18 160 call) I'd hold on guys! With the short interest we have this will be interesting!!!!! I just saying... I totally called this

very nice! Great day for all us long-term tesla investors.

I'm friends with Andrea James of Doughtery & co. Not close friends but TESLA friends. She has always been bullish. She will probably reiterate or raise. She was expecting around 6,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to yourself! It was nice to have a gain like today... I happen to make a good choice last week, ( option gained 4000%, jan 18 160 call) I'd hold on guys! With the short interest we have this will be interesting!!!!! I just saying... I totally called this

As much as I like the idea of holding on and not selling too early - I still have my $21 shares which everyone wanted me to sell at like $60 - I think I'd be pretty satisfied with 4,000% in a week. Even if it goes up more, you can be pretty happy with that.

Maybe sell half of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.