Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, talking to a friend just before close yesterday, was looking at buying the 140 strikes at ~2.50, probly would have gotten ten contracts. Now selling for 19. D'oh! Was thinking about the 150 weeklies too, but didn't have the balls. All I did was buy one jan '15 125 LEAP instead. Oh well, ill still take 15%. And ~40% on the LEAP :)

I like the announcement of q4 deliveries. Last quarter, the ridiculous speculation on deliveries is what killed the stock, because all the other news at earnings was great. This quarter, they've removed the speculation about that one part, and now they'll just have nothing but good news. Good move. Maybe it'll make a beat less spectacular, but at least hopefully this means it will be an unqualified beat this time around. Even though last time was one also, just ridiculous expectations ruined it all.

Also, let's hold 160, yeah? I like the idea of blasting through two decades in a day. Let's make 160 the new normal. Onwards and upwards.

Just word to the wise. I really wasn't expecting to hit 160+ today, let alone 155+. This price action hit the resistance line of a channel that I've been keeping track of. So be cautious of profit taking the next few days.

justthateasy, will any up move ever be enough to break out of a downtrend to you? You seem to post this exact same comment every time the stock goes up.

Last edited:
If the market reacted like a good number if us here, profit taking happened throughout the day. With leverage and gains this large the rest is risk free from the original investment. I have a feeling a lot of the market did the same. I first prepared for today in mid December. That was a huge mistake, however with today's moves I am way in the green despite buying way too early.

We are almost to the original price range I was thinking for this week and none of the catalyst I was expecting happened.

What caught them off guard was that no one was expecting a sales/deliveries number today... I think we were all wondering about Model X and/or AWD (and the supercharger network). They talked about how well their business is doing instead of revealing their product, whereas the ICE makers seemed to talk about their product and gloss over their business.

Looking forward to the Model X presentation in CA... that way it will get some undivided press attention.

What caught them off guard was that no one was expecting a sales/deliveries number today... I think we were all wondering about Model X and/or AWD (and the supercharger network). They talked about how well their business is doing instead of revealing their product, whereas the ICE makers seemed to talk about their product and gloss over their business.

Looking forward to the Model X presentation in CA... that way it will get some undivided press attention.

Dougherty mentioned this recently, said that Tesla tends to prefer undivided attention for product announcements, and thus it was unlikely to have any significant new stuff to announce at the Auto Show. This, I think, is wise. Tesla is small, there's a lot of buzz over all the other cars, and Tesla just doesn't have the oomph to be able to compete with news of a new Corvette, new F150, etc. And so far, Tesla has never announced new things at auto shows, though I was thinking a supercharger stunt would be possible (driving S or X cross-country on a recently-finished network which they announce at the show), since a few years ago they drove a Roadster cross-country for NAIAS.

All the evidence people gave for S AWD seemed silly to me too. Pictures of cars in snow are just because it's winter, and the car is available in more snowy areas now. S AWD will come but probly during or after the X gets announced, I think.

CNBC trying to pin Musk down on recall or fix or remedy as the "right term."

Asked about production, China, etc. that Musk gave all canned answers.

Right hand drive version coming in April.

Model X volume production in first half of next year, sounds like little or no production in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.