Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a weird one. not down THAT much AH. But we are pretty johnny-on-the-spot about scrutinizing the article. Much of the world will get this tomorrow morning. I think it will either be a great sale (down 4% for one day only) or the first f*re fud that doesn't work. Either way pretty good.

I just called as an owner and the guy I spoke to said that the battery, charging components on the car and home charging unit have been definitively rules out as a cause of the fire. He of course couldn't tell me the exact cause but he made it quite clear that it is almost for sure not a fault of any Tesla-related part.

I asked him about NHTSA and asked about whether NHTSA is aware of this since it happened a few weeks ago. He said yes they do know but wouldn't go further than that.

I think this is almost certainly a non-issue as it was caused by something not rated to Tesla.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow to the stock.

The good news is, if this does indeed turn out to be a non issue, it's the second or third false alarm that went viral. Pretty soon people are just going to yawn and roll their eyes. The more BS that gets posted the less impact these stories will have. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more TROLLS posting here trying to turn this Molehill into a Mountain. I guess give 'em time… ;)

Tesla Motors, Inc. After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

down $2.88 in the after hours session (closed a few minutes ago at 8PM EST), down %1.4, volume: 179,723, high: $200.94, low: $193.66

Sigh... these buying opportunities are lasting shorter each time. I was napping. But this article should be investigated for stock manipulation. Whiever paid the journalist to write that article now is guilty.

What impresses me most about the handling of this non-incident is:

1) A clear, firm, concise response issued by Tesla about this BEFORE it became news. THAT is proper PR.
2) The fact that a number of you called Tesla directly, and not only were you given a response, you were given the right one by the call center techs, which means someone in PR funneled this clear and concise information down to them properly and RAPIDLY, and empowered them to communicate it. That is trusting your team.

That is how you run a tight ship from a messaging point of view folks, and that is good business. It is clear that they have reinforced their PR team in some good places since I wrote about this last year.

Bravo, Tesla team. Bravo, Jerome & company!

Last edited:
One, this was in a garage which helps because there's no video taken by some random passerby. For a lot of folks, they're also going to have some doubt immediately about whether it's cause or coincidence since house fires obviously occur.

Two, enough time has passed since the last fire that folks aren't going to get excited. Fires do happen, it's when they cluster that folks will see a pattern and think there's an issue.

I doubt there will be much stock response this time.

This might explain why we haven't heard from the NHTSA and why a few people were notified about v6 download and it never happened.

I think that NHTSA only covers incidents within US borders, so this event in a Toronto garage shouldn't factor into their report.

AFAIK it was the same deal with the incident last year where a guy drove his Model S through a concrete wall and into a tree in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.