Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The amount of horses one can connect to a carriage will double every 18 months". hmmm. or should it be "The size of the horse required to pull 1 carriage will halve every 18 months."

Doesn't make any more sense with engines either.

considering Moore's law didn't even mean anything outside of the observation made at the time, this is a total stretch of any resemblance of a meaning to the term... This hurts more than when someone says some silly tech nonsense on a TV show to sound smart, but what they say makes no sense to anyone with a brain.

What the...?!?!?!??! More details on this please and thanks.

Must - Not - Reveal - . . . Seriously, no such thing. Unless we got the memory wipe. Anyone know if Elon's been working on That!? :rolleyes:

I don't think a concept (engineering prototype) would really hurt the MS/MX sales since it still won't have a release timeframe any sooner than what we already see. I still anticipate a 2015 reveal of the Model 3. I would say if not at Detroit (as previously suspected) then after the get the MX ramped up. They are so demand constrained that I don't think it really matters to be honest. Just my opinion though, and you could be right. I would likely die of anticipation to wait until 2016 to see it.

you do mean supply, right? ML

considering Moore's law didn't even mean anything outside of the observation made at the time, this is a total stretch of any resemblance of a meaning to the term... This hurts more than when someone says some silly tech nonsense on a TV show to sound smart, but what they say makes no sense to anyone with a brain.

I suspect that Jonas will soon become a sacrificial lamb. Despite regurgitating the nonsense that his handlers may have wanted him to say, he still could be asked to quietly resign with his credibility shot and career left in shambles, so his firm can hire an auto analyst more friendly to Detroit. That may cause the spotlight to shine more brightly on farsighted and independent thinking auto analysts at other firms.

I suspect that Jonas will soon become a sacrificial lamb. Despite regurgitating the nonsense that his handlers may have wanted him to write, he still could be asked to quietly resign with his credibility shot and career left in shambles, so his firm can hire an auto analyst more friendly to Detroit. That may the cause the spotlight to shine more brightly on farsighted and independent thinking auto analysts at other firms.

I'm not sure he will be shown the door for one bizarre note (in fact this may have been to preserve his job due to pressure from other automakers/clients), but today's price action is already demonstrating that other analysts and traders (and let's face it -- other analysts like us) are already discounting Mr. Jonas' future opinions, moving on, and taking this opportunity to get some cheap TSLA.

you do mean supply, right? ML

/facepalm I think I have been reading too many Paulo Santos articles again... sorry.

I think I was thinking about having too much demand and being production constrained and my fingers went a little slower than my mind and it just came out that way. It happens to me all the time, haha!

----------------------------------Price Action-------------------------------
Well, we broke 260 for the day... finally... I really hope we can keep going up because I was REALLY hoping we would be back up to 265 today or more... it pains me to be so close to my target, but yet so far away.

/facepalm I think I have been reading too many Paulo Santos articles again... sorry.

I think I was thinking about having too much demand and being production constrained and my fingers went a little slower than my mind and it just came out that way. It happens to me all the time, haha!

Understood. Just thought we should get it right as stuff we post has been known (suspected?) to move the stock price on occasion, or at least used by outside "analysts" to do their thing :tongue:

So then back to Moore's law. Any attempt to affiliate ICE development & Moore's law is just an embarrassment. To paraphrase Curt from earlier, they've had 110 years or so, what's the hold up? Laws of physics, maybe. Uugh!

Last edited:
So twice now today there has been two periods where google seems to have lost connection with the exchange or something because there are now two gaps in the updated stock reporting, First one from 12:00 - 12:14 and now 15:12 - 15:18

It's really messing with my mind... and the chart.

My brokerage didn't seem to have any issues at that point, so I don't know what the deal is, this is the first I have ever seen gaps on a stock like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they magically found the missing data and the chart has properly filled in. But that 14 minute gap from earlier today is still there, and still really weird.

So twice now today there has been two periods where google seems to have lost connection with the exchange or something because there are now two gaps in the updated stock reporting, First one from 12:00 - 12:14 and now 15:12 - 15:18

My brokerage didn't seem to have any issues at that point, so I don't know what the deal is, this is the first I have ever seen gaps on a stock like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they magically found the missing data and the chart has properly filled in. But that 14 minute gap from earlier today is still there, and still really weird.
Maybe no trades were made at all during that period. It is a pretty thinly traded stock. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Both Trade Architect and ThinkOrSwim at TD Ameritrade show no price changes for GOOG during certain single minutes within the gaps you mention and at a few other times.

I wrote that before your edit. In your earlier gap I only see stillness at 12:13 EDT (price always 578.71) and again at 12:14 (price always 578.73), but movement within each of the surrounding minutes.

Both Trade Architect and ThinkOrSwim at TD Ameritrade show no price changes for GOOG during certain single minutes within the gaps you mention and at a few other times.

I wrote that before your edit. In your earlier gap I only see stillness at 12:13 EDT (price always 578.71) and again at 12:14 (price always 578.73), but movement within each of the surrounding minutes.

This is Google Finance's feed for TSLA, not GOOG the stock, although I understand the confusion. I wouldn't be posting about GOOG in the TSLA thread :)

- - - Updated - - -

To restate, TSLA in google finance, has a weird gap in the feed from 12:00 to 12:14 in which there were mysteriously no logged trades.

This is Google Finance's feed for TSLA, not GOOG the stock, although I understand the confusion. I wouldn't be posting about GOOG in the TSLA thread :)

- - - Updated - - -

To restate, TSLA in google finance, has a weird gap in the feed from 12:00 to 12:14 in which there were mysteriously no logged trades.

Roger that. My two Ameritrade sources show no TSLA gaps today.

MarketWatch Bulletin

NASA awards $6.8 bln contract to Boeing, SpaceX to send astronauts into space

09/16/2014 04:14:29 PM

I realize it is not a direct Tesla Motors story, but any positives related to a Musk enterprise can be helpful.

Beat me to it but here's another interesting take with some Elon quotes:

Taxi to orbit: NASA goes with Old Space and New Space (with a cameo by Jeff Bezos) - The Washington Post

This could indeed have positive indirect spillover catalysts for Tesla and SolarCity tomorrow.

Much hinges on the Fed's communications tomorrow though - that will dictate the day in the market, I suspect.

Last edited:
Amazing seeming all these analysts who I would have thought to be the lesser ones all jump to call out the MS note for what it is. I am quite pleased with this.

Markets were up today in anticipation that the fed would post good news tomorrow so here is hoping...

With everyone saying to buy on this weekness it is going to be tough to see the stock actually continue to go down. Hope those that were looking for the chance to buy have taken your opportunity. This might be a much shorter pullback than I expected. But time will tell.

So...Ben Kallo was just on Bloomberg radio and, from what I gathered, continues to be an uber bull (Tesla 3.0 in DaveT's parlance). He more or less called the MS note from Jonas a thinly veiled short attack. He's recommending this as a buying opportunity.

Taking Stock: Tynan and Kallo Discuss Tesla - Bloomberg

Here's a direct link to the audio:

http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/v_TERMswdcto.mp3

Another analyst mentioning a recent factory visit. I wonder if they all went on the same day.

So...Ben Kallo was just on Bloomberg radio and, from what I gathered, continues to be an uber bull (Tesla 3.0 in DaveT's parlance). He more or less called the MS note from Jonas a thinly veiled short attack. He's recommending this as a buying opportunity.

Taking Stock: Tynan and Kallo Discuss Tesla - Bloomberg

Here's a direct link to the audio:

http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/v_TERMswdcto.mp3

Great comments by Ben Kallo on that link. I hope it reaches more people but unfortunately it was audio only.

He mentioned the "big retail component" of share ownership, which makes me wonder what percentage of shares TMC members/family collectively control.

Adam jonas theories

1 Electric vehicles failing categorically on a global basis
2 Tesla growth limited in China
3 Battery powered cars require a technological breakthrough to become mainstream
4 Dawn of driverless car's threatens Tesla's being

Ben Kallo comments on this on Bloomberg:

"Not a lot of meat in those four statements"

"I think this is a buying opportunity"

Enough said , AJ , has destroyed any credibility he had!

Status
Not open for further replies.