Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see the original posted here as a blog please ! ... And thankyou for posting it ... great to see an article come out disputing all the FUD ... and right on que all the bears attacked you (instead of your information)

Glad you liked it Blake. as to a blog, I think I might need to clear that with SA.

TSLAopt appreciated your comment as well.

clearly Seeking Alpha would be much improved if more TMCers registered and started posting articles!

Yet it seems both end up in the snippiness thread.

Anyways, these movements seem a little quick in my opinion. Driven yesterday mostly by Mrs. Anniston and today by Panasonic. I wouldn't be suprised if we see a small pullback either tomorrow or thursday. But I don't think its likely that it will be significant. I'm not changing my 200 may 30th calls for anything.

Move has nothing to do with these events. Just a bounce off the 200-day as predicted by several here including me. Hold tight, I suspect we will revisit it.

I know not everyone believes in the technicals, but let's be honest this Anniston nonsense is ridiculous. She did not move the stock.

Move has nothing to do with these events. Just a bounce off the 200-day as predicted by several here including me. Hold tight, I suspect we will revisit it.

I know not everyone believes in the technicals, but let's be honest this Anniston nonsense is ridiculous. She did not move the stock.

Agree. I would be surprised if people who trade in TSLA are making trading decisions based on Anniston's kind comments.

Thanks to the moderators...I had stopped reading this thread for a while because it was a series of playground/Spanish honor passion plays. I just reviewed about 3 days of posts to catch up and it reads like a well managed thread with interesting observations and crowd-sourced information about Tesla Short-term price movements.

Thanks.

NOTE: This post will probably be moved to the "Moderator Suck Up Thread"

Agree. I would be surprised if people who trade in TSLA are making trading decisions based on Anniston's kind comments.

I dunno. I was watching pretty much all day. Pretty much right after it was posted to these forums the stock climbed an extra 2% that waned throughout the day.

Call it what you will, bots, 200MA bounce, HFTs. I'm betting mutual fund managers with the hots for Jen.

The technicals were true yesterday, the day before, ever since we hit 177ish, they would not account for such sudden spikes.

Woah, am I missing some catalyst taking place in the next two weeks? Can you explain why you believe this?

Last edited:
I dunno. I was watching pretty much all day. Pretty much right after it was posted to these forums the stock climbed an extra 2% that waned throughout the day.

Call it what you will, bots, 200MA bounce, HFTs. I'm betting mutual fund managers with the hots for Jen.

The technicals were true yesterday, the day before, ever since we hit 177ish, they would not account for such sudden spikes.
It was just a coincidence. I posted it to lighten up the mood, wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I'm betting mutual fund managers with the hots for Jen.

It was just a coincidence. I posted it to lighten up the mood, wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

As did I.

I still question whats going on during sudden jumps in prices during the past few days. I think TA can be used to justify interday movements. But its hard to explain these weird price movements we've been seeing during the day.

Which can really only be explained for events that happen during that day right?

Last edited:
As did I.

I still question whats going on during sudden jumps in prices during the past few days. I think TA can be used to justify interday movements. But its hard to explain these weird price movements we've been seeing during the day.
Well, a lot of it is just thermal noise. Random, like the waves in the middle of the ocean; no deeper explanation required.

"Deutsche Bank Lowers EPS Estimates, Notes Underlying Positives"
PT $220 (Hold).

extract:
"Based on disclosures in TSLA’s 10Q, we now believe that Q1 margins were better than they appeared, supporting expectations for significant intermediate term earnings despite a significant increase in OpEx. 4Q13 appears to have been a legitimate 25% margin quarter, after netting out a warranty gain and a 1x charge which offset the gain. Tesla disclosed changes in pre-existing warranties of $8.12MM in 1Q14 (this likely includes the $2MM 1x charge for additional underbody protection Tesla mentioned in their Q1 release). Excluding this charge, Tesla achieved gross margin of 26.6% vs. the 25.4% reported. All of this makes our 26.1% gross margin est for Q2 appear quite achievable, and that the company should be able to reach at least 28% by 4Q14 even if there is some moderation of mix".

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...ates,+Notes+Underlying+Positives/9482947.html

"Deutsche Bank Lowers EPS Estimates, Notes Underlying Positives"
PT $220 (Hold).

extract:
"Based on disclosures in TSLA’s 10Q, we now believe that Q1 margins were better than they appeared, supporting expectations for significant intermediate term earnings despite a significant increase in OpEx. 4Q13 appears to have been a legitimate 25% margin quarter, after netting out a warranty gain and a 1x charge which offset the gain. Tesla disclosed changes in pre-existing warranties of $8.12MM in 1Q14 (this likely includes the $2MM 1x charge for additional underbody protection Tesla mentioned in their Q1 release). Excluding this charge, Tesla achieved gross margin of 26.6% vs. the 25.4% reported. All of this makes our 26.1% gross margin est for Q2 appear quite achievable, and that the company should be able to reach at least 28% by 4Q14 even if there is some moderation of mix".

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...ates,+Notes+Underlying+Positives/9482947.html

Thanks for that. Nice to see them modelling longer term numbers, like EPS in the $20 range by end of decade.

Housekeeping request to everyone to use the "Reply With Quote" button when you want to quote someone else. The little blue/white arrow box that automatically appears is a hyperlink to the original post, this allows folks who visit intermittently during the day to back track and follow a conversation. It also makes it possible to read the full text of a quote that has been shortened.

Thank you.

I 'selectively quote' [as a concept] in order to 'zero in' on a specific point, a 'talking point' as it were. If I were to repeat the entire posting, then the ever-so-busy 'intermittent visitor' would have to fish through *the entire posting* to suss what I was referencing. Now normally with tidy little postings this 'Reply With Quote' works seamlessly, but in any detailed discussion, like THIS thread, you get these interminable treatises that go on and on, so why waste half a page repeating it?? Sure, you as mods get occasionally whinged at: "he quoted me out of context!!", but that is the price we must pay to have any sort of progressive discussion.
--

Status
Not open for further replies.