Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is great because it's new forward-looking news. We are so used to hearing about 500,000 cars per year, the third-generation car, etc. etc., and the Panasonic batteries announcement proved that re-stating previously-known stuff isn't good enough to move this stock up any more.

This news out of Daimler is different - it's more revenues for Tesla that weren't in anyone's forecasts yesterday.

Last edited:
Nice quick bounce this morning from re-testing the $153 lows. Much faster recovery than last time it hit $153. Somewhat of a bullish sign.

In three days, it's touched 153 twice and bounced hard both times, to me that's a strong double bottom. If it hits in the 157 range in the next day again I'm going to double down (i don't think we'll see 153 range again, but 157/158 is possible. )

looks like the bull ran out of gas. 162.50 was to much for it. I got out of my 160s basically even after fees. i waited to long and the quick dip sucked the IV out of them. Weak showing at the end of the day makes me not to hopeful for tomorrow which is why i dumped the 160s to play it safe.

Last edited:
If we finish above the yellow line tomorrow, I'm a big buyer. A lot of good news have come out in the last couple weeks to ignore. Plus margin figures and guidance for next year I think will do good things.

tsla10.31.13 2.png

If we finish above the yellow line tomorrow, I'm a big buyer. A lot of good news have come out in the last couple weeks to ignore. Plus margin figures and guidance for next year I think will do good things.

View attachment 34412

I think TSLA will close comfortably above 160 tomorrow and continue the small run into Monday. I'm not sure about a sell off Tuesday before before earnings but we can expect to stay at this level. There is no way TSLA will be in the 180s at this point so I think it's safe to get back in between now and then.

Gotcha - $161.42
Yup and that is where the resistance was today. 161-162 was a hell of a battle. if we would of broke out to 163 i could of made alot on my 160s today. instead i had to bail out even.

- - - Updated - - -

I think TSLA will close comfortably above 160 tomorrow and continue the small run into Monday. I'm not sure about a sell off Tuesday before before earnings but we can expect to stay at this level. There is no way TSLA will be in the 180s at this point so I think it's safe to get back in between now and then.

I would agree with this sentiment but what had me worried was that when we got to the 161 battle ground the volume dried up. I am expecting a pull back in the morning and then another run up to fight the $161. (Pending market influence) if we break down to 155-153 again i will be a buyer of weekly 155s and a few 160s

Last edited:
I would agree with this sentiment but what had me worried was that when we got to the 161 battle ground the volume dried up. I am expecting a pull back in the morning and then another run up to fight the $161. (Pending market influence) if we break down to 155-153 again i will be a buyer of weekly 160s

Yeah, hopefully the overall market doesn't drag us down tomorrow. TSLA pretty much traced the overall market until the last half hour when it managed to take its own path. Finishing above 162 tomorrow would be very nice.

As for volume, I think buyers are saving themselves for Tuesday incase of a possible dip before earnings. It's exactly what I would do if I wasn't all ready in. Actually, it was my original plan before getting back in the other day when TSLA dipped deep in the mid-150s, just could not resist that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.