Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the definition of going long on any stock at any time.
Haha anything can happen on earnings....which is why I won't make any short terms bet or take any risk on playing TSLA to the downside. I'm just sitting on the sidelines to watch and see if we do get that drop all the way down to 146 to close that gap.

Wall St loves traps, bear and bulls, but the reality is there's very little Tesla has in it's bag currently (and for the next 3-6 months) to pull out and surprise Wall St. Not to get into the actual business side of Tesla too much, but I still think Tesla's strategy about advertising, how they're doing it, where they're doing it, and informing the customer is very flawed and thus margin pressure is going to continue until Fed materially drop rates.

Take the point of sale credit for example......it should drive plenty of demand for the Y for Tesla to not cut prices at all this year. But I doubt hardly any non-Tesla owner/fan, ya know the average consumer out there that doesn't know much about EV's, knows about the point of sale credit.

Trust me I'd love to be wrong on this, I haven't trimmed my shares at all except to fund the down payment to buy a house this year and even then, I sold shares but bought enough close to ITM LEAPS for 2025 to make up for the shares I had to sell.

Looks like we were right for today’s bottom, that alas not gave us a decent bounce today. There is hesitation in markets where people are fearing, but don’t know exactly what they fear (the most) . I have assigned all money back in and wrote another put to buy max stock. 250 more than I had on Monday. Cheapest ones were 219.40 (wanted to be more sure not falling through 217)

Last edited:
Positions:
IMG_6021.jpeg

Reactions: SAPharmD
Tesla has all trump-cards (to the chest) and will play them one by one in 2024 and 2025. You watch and will be happy to be a HODLer @StarFoxisDown!
I don't disagree that Tesla has many catalysts going forward but they're 2025 and beyond catalyst.

But for this thread since we look more at charts than upcoming catalysts, for the current dynamic and lack of current catalysts Tesla has to essentially shore up the share price and push it higher, it's really all about the macro's and the Fed Fund rate and then for TSLA specific, how greedy Wall St wants to get while TSLA is showing considerable weakness.

Tesla seems to continue to give Wall St all the ammo it needs to continue the narrative that the gig is up for Tesla and it's valuation. It won't last forever but considering the stock has already been pushed down to the brink of the 1 year uptrend line, it's hard to see it holding for 8 more trading days and thus the odds that we're about to fill the gap all the way down at 146 is increasing on a daily basis.

My short term bearishness is also very much tied to the fact that I think there's still a rug pull on the macro level to come in Q1 before macro's move materially higher

Last edited:
Interesting stats of TSLA’s recent moves post earnings:

View attachment 1008353
(Credit: Prof)
My god that ~ NOV 1, 2020 through Feb 1, 2021 period looks CRAZILY similar to the April 30 23 - Jan 2024..so maybe we ARE ready for ATH!!!!

Or, it’s more like the Jan 2022 period through ~ Q4’2022 period again.

Pattern matching is fun..

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and SAPharmD
My god that ~ NOV 1, 2020 through Feb 1, 2021 period looks CRAZILY similar to the April 30 23 - Jan 2024..so maybe we ARE ready for ATH!!!!

Or, it’s more like the Jan 2022 period through ~ Q4’2022 period again.

Pattern matching is fun..

Yes to the first option (2020-2021). A few ppl pointed out the similarities and how TSLA might launch vertically from around down here, though we don't know (yet) what will ignite it and make it happen if at all.

A week with only lower highs and lower lows, and what looks like another lower low incoming. At the moment I don't any signs of bottoming.

Agreed. It would not shock me if we gap down again on Tuesday especially if we close like this. The macros are in a way masking how weak TSLA really is. If macros were bad we would already be in the sub 200s. Remember all of the other stocks in M7 are essentially making new 52 Week highs or ATHs.

There is a lot of uncertainty going into earnings mostly from a guidance standpoint. That uncertainty is enough to keep the bulls away.

If there is a dead cat bounce I expect it to be really weak.

Im going practice doing nothing with my Longs.

They are already underwater but I still have faith we will bounce next week. Question is how much and will it sustain. Or bounce then head to 200.

Only several contract.

Also going sell -240 Call against them if we continue to dump. That will recoup about 1/2 of my loss.
The hardest thing to get used to is selling covered calls on a run up and buying them back on a drop. Natural instinct is to sell CC's when it falls to cover losses to your stock. If you think its a low, based on as much information as you can get, it is a better time to sell puts. Do this in small numbers until you get used to puts, maybe long enough for a trade to go bad.