Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alrighty them, all-in short then for me, the whole farm, fields, cows, sheep and yes, the dog too! 😆

Not saying you're constantly wrong or anything... 😬
yes, im wrong on Long 99% of the times. Quiet quitting it now.

But betting the farm vs Kibbles is against the rules of good Option Trading. :)

I hope my sacrifice of Kibble will bring luck to the team.

Reactions: Jim Holder
At the end of 2022 he said he would definitely not sell in 2023 and probably not in 2024. ‘Probably’ being the magic word. And it's not like nothing has changed since then with the venture he may need money for - it's too far OT to discuss that in more detail.

Yup- they're looking to move seriously into financial services this year-- you don't fund that with "we've stabilized how much $ we are losing"

I've added some more protection with 5 x p200 2/2 at @2.87 (not related to a possible stock sale, but to the 2024 outlook Tesla may provide).

Hrm... this is actually kinda tempting given I think they'll either give guidance the street won't like- or none at all which they also won't like... OTOH if we get a bounce before earnings might be a cheaper entry point for it...

Not seeing much life in the stock for the foreseeable future (next months). The dark clouds of further price drops, shrinking EV credits, Elon selling after the lock-up period ends will not be easy to dismiss by the market. I can see us go to 150 this quarter. I'm prepared, but not well enough.

I could be wrong as usual.
Yeah, I'm going to try and get the shorts from under my March long puts, I never forget that we have a gap at $143 potentially still to be filled, would love to ride those puts down to there and replenish all the shares I sold last year...

217.5 this week and 200 next week are in play

1705075364594.png

I can't imagine we go to much lower next week. We are approaching ER and have dropped about 20% since before the record breaking P&D.
But I've been shocked by the idiots on WallStreet before....
Since we got wacked, in order to manage some $$, I sold Jun 300 CCs for $7 (not planned, but 300 is my exit point in personal anyway, I still have option to roll ...)

bought 200x +247.5/-250C and sold 200x naked 280C exp 1/26. net credit 6 cent. Some lottos for ER.
Free lotto tickets are fun,

but based on current 1/19 call premiums, looks like nobody is expecting any bounce.

My read is that EPS will be at or miss, but GUIDE will be lower than anyone’s projections - unless they have factored in shut downs, slow downs, China price cuts, demand receding, and a whole lot of other factors.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
Free lotto tickets are fun,

but based on current 1/19 premiums, looks like nobody is expecting any bounce.

My read is that EPS will be at or miss, but GUIDE will be lower than anyone’s projections - unless they have factored in shut downs, slow downs, China price cuts, demand receding, and a whole lot of other factors.
when everybody is done selling calls and premiums are dirt cheap, they may jack it up to juice premium even if more sell later. Free lottos are fun!

Reactions: tivoboy and MikeC
What are you talking about?
He oversold in 2022, should have plenty of cash on hand since X's burn has stabilized.

Ross Gerber was posting about Elon having to sell stock. He said that Elon has $50B of options from his comp package that expire within 4 years and that he will have a $25B tax bill. Is it fud?

I sold more stock today I just don't feel confident that stock has a good reason to go up for the long term. The prices cuts before ER killed for me.

Ross Gerber was posting about Elon having to sell stock. He said that Elon has $50B of options from his comp package that expire within 4 years and that he will have a $25B tax bill. Is it fud?
Elon's 2018 compensation plan requires execution by Jan 2028, and that will require a lot of stock sales by Elon to cover taxes. However, it's in his best interests to sell at as high a stock price as possible (which hopefully means as late as possible).
No reason to exercise them this year.