Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jan 19 Quad Witching expiry now at 2,883,581 options contracts. There is massive money at stake. Jan 19 Max Pain now at $210 and dropping; expect the SP to stay well below the 200 day MA. Jan 26 Max Pain is $240, so a swift recovery back above the 200 day MA around the earnings call is probable.

TA: On the daily, weekly, and monthly timeframes the 200, 50, and 100 DMA are incredibly tight within about 10% of eachother. This type of correlation across all time-frames is extremely unusual for TSLA. This puts the mean implied volatility under 0.5 for all timeframes (10,20,30,60,90,120,150D). The last time we saw this was Oct 2021, and prior to that Oct 2019. Both preceeded massive runs. Jus' sayin'...
1. jan 19 maxpain is 220 as of yesterday evening (and can not have changed since then)
2. What you state is (roughly) my MA4x Theory on MA 20,50, 200, 365, that were most narrow dec 14 2023, marking the starting point of a big chance of a minimum 25% move within 3 months, so up to 269 or down to 202
see Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House for using MA4X as an acronym for the theory explained here:
#34,720

Last edited:
PPI Cold
Screenshot_20240112_065213_Chrome.jpg

This is afterCPI print, wonder what his next video (after cold PPI print ) will be like :)
To be fair, the stock market already "took off" the final quarter of 2023, just didn't take TSLA with it. Many stocks and indices hitting ATH or close to...

Right now the Tesla story is sputtering, that's the problem. TSLA is sentiment-driven and right now that sentiment is low, constant price-cuts, FUD, supply-chain issues, doubt on 2024 growth, unhinged posts from Elon, etc

Ask yourself, if you only knew Tesla from what you read in the main-stream media - which is 99% of folks - would you be buying it now?

This is afterCPI print, wonder what his next video (after cold PPI print ) will be like :)
But won't the red sea Houthi shipping troubles affect many industries and countries across the board, affecting all markets and most shareholders and so have a negative compounding effect?

If not, why not?

Edit- Ah... Thanks @dl003 .

Last edited:
Reactions: dl003 and DaBooster
If I’m not mistaken I think @tivoboy shared a screenshot a week or two ago of a listing of TSLA options sorted based on best premium deals for the day for selling or buying, but I don’t know the source. Maybe he can share it with us.
Thanks, I figured out how to slice a report out of my broker’s website showing options only which updates values every minute.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Short term positions right now are:
- 01/26 240 -C
- 01/26 220 -P

Sold call is a actually a roll from the end of 23 which netted me about 7.
I sold the put last week for about 5.
Probably not waiting until earnings week to take a new position for february.
As it stands right now, I would keep the same strikes for next month unless we really visit the lower 200s...
In that case I'd lower both contracts.

Reactions: Max Plaid
260s dropped under $4 this morning so closed those nearer 80% than 70% profit... The 250s are still at ~$6.40 and 70% and the 245s at about $8 and 68% so letting those run... since the two tranches left are from put-to-me-at-235 shares I'm honestly fine keeping the 7-8 bucks AND letting the shares be called if we do ever get a bounce that does it before 2/16

FWIW at the bottom (so far) this morning I went and closed the -250 and -245s since they'd spiked up to low 80s% profit- so holding nothing but shares/cash now and can resell on a bounce

Rocked so Rolled :)

Converted Jan 25 500 CCs to 450 CCs for like $2 extra. (Made like 67K on initial 500 CC.)
Took paper losses and closed ~100 Jan 25 250(mainly) calls and bought 87, Jan 26 300 Calls. More time, will keep selling weekly, monthly CCs against these
(+this stash is all based on $$ accumulated from selling CCs , so I think a bit differently on this )
Down like 800 Deltas, when all said and done.

now need to think what to do in my personal:)

Last edited: