Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if there's truth that once call walls fall/are closed leading into a Friday (like below) then dealers switch to defend the put lines to keep SP above tallest put wall, resulting in shoring up share price, in this case above $230?

View attachment 1008058
dunno

methinks tomorrow is approx 223.4-231.04 for now

but there is PPI wildcard

in general put walls dont seem to be as vigorously defended, but typically their "slope" is not as steep as for calls - it will be interesting to see. if you look at the overall $$ graph at max pain the slope on the put side has definitely increased relative to earlier in the week (still not as steep as the call side as of this morning). in the end, it would come down to cost vs. gain. edit - added graph

1705010841371.png

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's truth that once call walls fall/are closed leading into a Friday (like below) then dealers switch to defend the put lines to keep SP above tallest put wall, resulting in shoring up share price, in this case above $230?

View attachment 1008058
Isn't the biggest risk with calls being closed out that the MM's can offload their hedges and sell stock?

Reactions: SpeedyEddy
Isn't the biggest risk with calls being closed out that the MM's can offload their hedges and sell stock?

Could be! This is why I wasn't sure about the "now that the calls are gone, they could let (even help) the price climb to protect them from having to pay out on the puts."

The whole "they" concept — wizard pulling strings behind the scenes — causing massive market moves in the direction they want, seems silly to me because there are more disparate actors than one set causing things to happen, but I don't know enough to say either way.

I have been praying to our God of Dog that we bounced soon.

Snoopy Doggety Dog shall make it happen else I will be quiet quitting his music.......

View attachment 1008103

There’s no more pulse…you can stop praying.

TSLA passed on and is in a better place now.
From dust doth it come and to dust it hasth return.

🙌

Jan 19 Quad Witching expiry now at 2,883,581 options contracts. There is massive money at stake. Jan 19 Max Pain now at $210 and dropping; expect the SP to stay well below the 200 day MA. Jan 26 Max Pain is $240, so a swift recovery back above the 200 day MA around the earnings call is probable.

TA: On the daily, weekly, and monthly timeframes the 200, 50, and 100 DMA are incredibly tight within about 10% of eachother. This type of correlation across all time-frames is extremely unusual for TSLA. This puts the mean implied volatility under 0.5 for all timeframes (10,20,30,60,90,120,150D). The last time we saw this was Oct 2021, and prior to that Oct 2019. Both preceeded massive runs. Jus' sayin'...

Jan 19 Quad Witching expiry now at 2,883,581 options contracts. There is massive money at stake. Jan 19 Max Pain now at $210 and dropping; expect the SP to stay well below the 200 day MA. Jan 26 Max Pain is $240, so a swift recovery back above the 200 day MA around the earnings call is probable.

TA: On the daily, weekly, and monthly timeframes the 200, 50, and 100 DMA are incredibly tight within about 10% of eachother. This type of correlation across all time-frames is extremely unusual for TSLA. This puts the mean implied volatility under 0.5 for all timeframes (10,20,30,60,90,120,150D). The last time we saw this was Oct 2021, and prior to that Oct 2019. Both preceeded massive runs. Jus' sayin'...
Maximum-Pain shows Max pain for Jan 19 at 220. Where are you getting 210?