Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nursing my 9/16 -300p/-300c that I opened from last week. Will probably close them tomorrow and leg into a 9/23 -300p/-310c as we get closer to P&D report.

Thanks to last Friday, those 9/23 -300p got rolled into 9/30 -300p for a small credit. The 9/23 -310c were closed for a profit, and didn't open any cc's for 9/30, in case of a monday pop, which didn't pop as much as I had hoped. With IV gradually increasing, while the SP isn't rising much, I'm planning on rolling those 9/30 -300p into 10/7 -290p (hopefully for a credit) as well as open new cc's on Friday.

Reactions: MikeC
my 9/30 -c315 is +40% today.

1664315066568.png

undecided if BTC tomorrow and lock in the profits. I suspect this will expire anyway (Wed and Fri - Feds speaking).

i don't think month-end window dressing + TSLA Q3 will steamroll me in 2 DTE, and TSLA hasn't reached 315 since May.

my plan for 10/7 and 10/14: buy-writes only; not opening directional bets near earnings. I am too chicken!

I'm expecting a small "beat" on the P&D, 360-365, but I think in the current environment this will be a huge message to the markets, and EPS come earnings will be even better, of course...
Just read a link in the main thread from Electrek - says that Tesla is focusing on delivering to large fleet orders at the end of the quarter. I like the sound of that for my directional bet - I figure delivering 100 cars to 1 person / entity takes a lot less time and effort on Tesla's part, than those same deliveries to 100 eager new families.

The rental company (etc..) won't be measuring panel gaps during delivery. That sounds a whole lot like checking the cars out at the service center before they're out the door in bulk.

Just read a link in the main thread from Electrek - says that Tesla is focusing on delivering to large fleet orders at the end of the quarter. I like the sound of that for my directional bet - I figure delivering 100 cars to 1 person / entity takes a lot less time and effort on Tesla's part, than those same deliveries to 100 eager new families.

The rental company (etc..) won't be measuring panel gaps during delivery. That sounds a whole lot like checking the cars out at the service center before they're out the door in bulk.
Hey Hertz? Yeah, we've got 3,761 of your cars ready to go. They're in the transfer lot at ****. Can you wire the... Ping... OK, got it. We've transfered their owner info to your account and are sending over the spreadsheet with the VINs now.

And no price discounts for these fleet orders!

Tesla is laying to waste so many industry standards/norms. Manufacturing innovations, production constraints, no dealerships, no fleet order discounts, industry shattering margins. Wait until they have bots (literally) running around 24x7 doing the work of humans.

And no price discounts for these fleet orders!

Tesla is laying to waste so many industry standards/norms. Manufacturing innovations, production constraints, no dealerships, no fleet order discounts, industry shattering margins. Wait until they have bots (literally) running around 24x7 doing the work of humans.
I'll say it in this thread...
The destination charge cannot be waved, even for fleet sales.
However, one could imagine a universe in which Tesla agrees to lower the vehicle price by the destination charge if the fleet purchaser takes delivery from the factory or local holding lot and pays from their previously setup account when the vehicle is delivered to that point.

Excellent point.... just did that with the 298.33s for $4.55.

Can't imagine we don't bounce back over 300 hours before AI Day and just prior to Q3 P&D

That's what I get for imaging I guess...

Anyway these are currently at about 85 cents of time value left so I'm probably gonna need to look at rolling em again...

Currently going a week out and strike of $297.50 nets about $3.50... I could drop strike to $292.50 for about even.

I'm sure waiting at least one more day is fine though right- nobody gets assigned on Wednesdays right? :)

Reactions: Discoducky
my 9/30 -c315 is +40% today.

View attachment 857570

undecided if BTC tomorrow and lock in the profits. I suspect this will expire anyway (Wed and Fri - Feds speaking).

i don't think month-end window dressing + TSLA Q3 will steamroll me in 2 DTE, and TSLA hasn't reached 315 since May.

my plan for 10/7 and 10/14: buy-writes only; not opening directional bets near earnings. I am too chicken!

Rolled my 14/10 330 CCs 2 weeks ago for 9$
BTC today at $1.40

A total of $4 credit in 2 weeks from the rolls

Now the stock can go to $330

I will wait for a big pop to sell again

Last edited:
i have another side play in the works: buy shares at dips (note: don't buy too many in case macros tank; manage sizing)

if sp is higher at P&D, sell the shares; profit is maximized due to delta=1, no options hassle and less fees

if sp is lower at P&D, convert them to buy-write

Trying to decide what to do with my 9/30 285P's. I am considering taking assignment before P&D and selling some CC on them.
I have -305p that I am contemplating holding another day before I roll to next week. With this bump, they will generate another 3.80 credit... taking assignment at 300 would be okay as well. Hmmmm.

EDIT: My ask was too high, the orders cancelled at end of day. This last roll would have captured a total of 11.2 credit over 3 weeks from the initial CSP.

Last edited:
i have another side play in the works: buy shares at dips (note: don't buy too many in case macros tank; manage sizing)

if sp is higher at P&D, sell the shares; profit is maximized due to delta=1, no options hassle and less fees

if sp is lower at P&D, convert them to buy-write
closing it now; quick 7.6 credit in 4 hrs

edit: buy 281.01, sell 288.65

1664394218168.png

Last edited:
A Monday to Wednesday look. Total gamma continues to trend positive. Put exposure settled in at 280 with just as much supporting interest through 270. Call interest at 300 doubled to .04 Tuesday, added about .005 today. Aside from the round strikes, I'll call them, interest tapers off at 293+.

I've been using Fib-retracement widget but not sure how best to anchor the low, high, mid. It does help spot reversal as does wathing MACD and RSI. I'll most likely write a market order to roll -305csp a week when the price is near that level and look to buy-write if we snap back to 270s.

If someone would, tomorrow, please share a Fib setup after 11 or so. I am interested in getting that control setup a bit better.

TSLA-TotalGamma-28Sep2022.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-27Sep2022.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-26Sep2022.png

To answer the above question, if I let the 285P's exercise, I only have gathered $3.49 of value on each contract. I am thinking unless there is a sharp jump up this morning I will just roll them to next week. I am reasonably confident we're going to see a beat on the P+D this weekend.

EDIT: rolled

Last edited:
Reactions: BornToFly
To answer the above question, if I let the 285P's exercise, I only have gathered $3.49 of value on each contract. I am thinking unless there is a sharp jump up this morning I will just roll them to next week. I am reasonably confident we're going to see a beat on the P+D this weekend.
You can roll this to next week for 5-6 at the moment if I'm correct. I would not doubt to do so.

Reactions: BornToFly