Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think S&P Weekly + S&P Monthly + NAAIM + DJIA Weekly + NASDAQ Weekly + NASDAQ Monthly are all almost at their channel peaks, will rise some more and then get correction soon

View attachment 1047717

Thanks. I meant regarding TSLA specifically, looks quite bearish but want your take too please.
Is there any ray of hope or are we stuck $170-$175 and down in the next 4-8 weeks?

1715864410275.png

1715864692564.png

Thanks. I meant regarding TSLA specifically, looks quite bearish but want your take too please.
Is there any ray of hope or are we stuck $170-$175 and down in the next 4-8 weeks?

View attachment 1047718

View attachment 1047721
I think we have a perceived but manufactured event horizon coming up and there is a lot of speculation that it couldn’t go the way ppl “think” it should, so a lot of put buying is to be expected..

I think we have a perceived but manufactured event horizon coming up and there is a lot of speculation that it couldn’t go the way ppl “think” it should, so a lot of put buying is to be expected..
and people posting comment about pay package and musk quiting, and the guying liking it aint helping...

I think we have a perceived but manufactured event horizon coming up and there is a lot of speculation that it couldn’t go the way ppl “think” it should, so a lot of put buying is to be expected.

Agree.

Put buying=MM selling shares=price goes/stays down
Seems it can be quite a spectacular win if we are set up properly into the moves, can make up for the depressed months/losses some of us have.

The binary nature is tough to trade. We should pool ideas.

Any come to mind NFA?

Got Tesla Solar installs scheduled for next week :) ... so need monies, and will hedge against the vote. :) [Need the $, so this time decision in now made for me.]
so back to CC piggy bank - sold 30 Jan 25 250s for $9. Will pay panel installs with all $ and get back tax rebate for solar when time comes.
if FSD saves SP, I will have one roll to Jan 26 and live with outcome. cheers!!

+IRA shares all have Jan 25 270 CC's against, need to decide whether it makes sense to roll to jan 26 before the vote.

Agree.

Seems it can be quite a spectacular win if we are set up properly into the moves, can make up for the depressed months/losses some of us have.

Any come to mind NFA?
Well, there have been several who posted 3-4 weeks ago that we were most likely going to be range bound, with a $164 bottom of the range and ~ $180 (plus a tad top)… and here we are.

Agree.

Any come to mind NFA?
I think any weekly short positions are a pure gamble for the shareholder week and enormously risky, so I will try to be out of them - I have loads of long puts and calls that will benefit if we get a big move in either direction

If I'm unable to extract myself from short weeklies by that time I'll throw them out to end of next year straddles to avoid going massively ITM in either direction

As for rolling this week's -180 straddles, I'm waiting to see if we get a better exit position for the puts, but I'm favouring rolling the lot to -170's next week as I'm still feeling very bearish and believe the pop after earnings was based on nothing

Every time I roll the straddle it takes +$2 -> +$3 extra in premium, do that for a few weeks and you can take the loss on the losing side if necessary... NFA!

And probability would also say that if you keep rolling a straddle ATM for profit, as long as there's not a breakout, one week it will it will surely close out near the strike... he said... hopefully...

Agree.

Any come to mind NFA?
you are right its going to be a depressed market, no catalyst in sight. ican only play an ascending market and CC. Good luck to those can play this market.

Got Tesla Solar installs scheduled for next week :) ... so need monies, and will hedge against the vote. :) [Need the $, so this time decision in now made for me.]
so back to CC piggy bank - sold 30 Jan 25 250s for $9. Will pay panel installs with all $ and get back tax rebate for solar when time comes.

+IRA shares all have Jan 25 270 CC's against, need to decide whether it makes sense to roll to jan 26 before the vote.
Could you please explain the reasons to roll to Jan 26 before the vote?

Reactions: UncaNed
I think any weekly short positions are a pure gamble for the shareholder week and enormously risky, so I will try to be out of them - I have loads of long puts and calls that will benefit if we get a big move in either direction

If I'm unable to extract myself from short weeklies by that time I'll throw them out to end of next year straddles to avoid going massively ITM in either direction

As for rolling this week's -180 straddles, I'm waiting to see if we get a better exit position for the puts, but I'm favouring rolling the lot to -170's next week as I'm still feeling very bearish and believe the pop after earnings was based on nothing

Every time I roll the straddle it takes +$2 -> +$3 extra in premium, do that for a few weeks and you can take the loss on the losing side if necessary... NFA!

And probability would also say that if you keep rolling a straddle ATM for profit, as long as there's not a breakout, one week it will it will surely close out near the strike... he said... hopefully...

I have no near terms covered calls for income open, having closed all of them the past couple weeks as we bled down, some stupidly timed (i.e., BTC -C170 5/17 while up in the 180's fearing a continued pump and could have closed it out today for 80% less cost). Gave away all March and April scalp gains on similar duds 😤. Cost of playing these games. At least it didn't eat into "real" money and use margin. I need to learn to let positions ride closer to expiration before emotionally BTC too soon (though that doesn't always work either...).

I'm leery to STO new CC's down here in the low 170's since the TA boys are saying be careful and are dangling the $23x carrot as soon as June 😵‍💫 (though last time similar predictions of moving up and off $220 saw us tank below $200 instead, so there's that).

Positions like -C215 7/10 is currently paying less than half it was last week ($3.00 vs $8.50).

Practically speaking, I am currently mostly flat with just:
a) Shares
b) 10x -C240 12/2024 @$4.50 (STO before ER in the low $140's). Will just let them ride for now.
c) 12x -C230 1/2025 @$8.25 (STO before ER in the low $140's). Will just let them ride for now.
c) 5x +C150 12/2025 LEAP @$109 (now $61 -44%)
d) 15x -P300 6/2026 LEAP @$115 (now $133 -15%)

My main worry is the 15x -P300 6/6026 I'm carrying if TSLA crashes <$130 (extrinsic $0.00). Would you moves this somewhere else now, or wait it out and roll/wheel if it gets assigned (will eat margin when assigned).

How much each panel is producing 400-600 watts etc. does that include power wall. capacity of the system like 4.5 kw etc for infor. Also if possible cost per Kwatts

• Disagree
Reactions: UncaNed
Could you please explain the reasons to roll to Jan 26 before the vote?
Right now say Jan 25 270s are at ~ $6, say 6.
I could roll to Jan 260 400 for same $6 ... or say like $350 for $9. 1st choice more neutral. 2nd choice is more bearish, take money upfront. And after SP drops after vote, can move back to Jan25 250s and keep the difference in spreads ... just a thought. Also rolling before the vote means will get better price for Jan 26 (at least short term - assuming SP goes down)
Also Jan 26 not that bad, Jan 27 will be available by Sept
The current Jan 25 270s are from prior rolls down from 500, 400 and 350 ...

Main thing is you have "options with options"

+ On Solar . it's 12kW system. Costs like 22K after tax rebates. The previous house I sold, I had 8kW and my summer needs were not met slightly, so 12kW should do it for me. Rest details don't have in front of me. Pls check Tesla website. VA has net metering as well, and Powewalls were not in my budget. Plan was always to use the CC monies to fund the panels :)

Last edited:
Right now say Jan 25 270s are at ~ $6, say 6. I could roll to Jan 260 400 for same $6 ... or say like $350 for $9. 1st choice more neutral. 2nd choice is more bearish, take money upfront.

And after SP drops after vote, can move back to Jan25 250s and keep the difference in spreads ... just a thought.
Also rolling before the vote means will get better price for Jan 26 (at least short term - assuming SP goes down)
Also Jan 26 not that bad, Jan 27 will be available by Sept
Main thing is you have "options with options"

Nice idea

Reactions: elasalle
One thing I've learned the last few years trading TSLA is to always inverse the sentiment of the investor thread. If people aer gloating there, time to buy some puts. If people are fighting and bickering, time to buy calls. I think I will also start inversing this thred lol. We were all on the same page before the ER, and I am sure the MM caught wind of that 😅🤣
Gentle reminder