Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford has halted production of the Lightning. Rivian is shuttering the factory for upgrades with essentially no planned growth this year. GM is nowhere. VW is trash. Polestar a joke. Apple car is no longer. I know that TSLA EPS is not great right now, but you buy stocks by looking into the future of great companies. How TSLA is not 300 right now is beyond me. Hopefully 175 was the bottom.
<on soap box>
Agreed and I can only justify this with the reasoning that many folks don't know that all of the other options objectively pale in comparison to a given Tesla option when considering TCO, performance and safety. If I had to demonstrate this in one picture, this would be it. What % of new car buyers today can tell that the Model Y is the better option? or even know it is an option? Can't believe I'm even saying this in 2024, but here we are. It is objectively dumb and idiotic to choose anything else.
Max objective value is a Tesla Model Y. You are objectively going to end up with more money, more safety and more performance.
<off soap box>

1709135183159.png

1709135138135.png

This trading stuff is not easy, and not for the faint of heart. I have made my trades for the week. I might need to manage/roll a few contracts tomorrow or Friday. Everything else should be safe. But I have a very hard time walking away from my computer! I'm retired. I should be out having fun and relaxing, but I sit at my computer pulling my hair out all day. Aargh!!!!

This trading stuff is not easy, and not for the faint of heart. I have made my trades for the week. I might need to manage/roll a few contracts tomorrow or Friday. Everything else should be safe. But I have a very hard time walking away from my computer! I'm retired. I should be out having fun and relaxing, but I sit at my computer pulling my hair out all day. Aargh!!!!
Right now I have a need for the cash I've generated from CC's and a selling a few Puts back when we had that big drop to 170's, so I'm unable to be more active on playing both sides of the swings up and down in the near to mid term. I'm only making longer term bets/plays. So that naturally limits how much time I spend strategizing around options.

But man after early 2026 when the needs for the cash will have been satisfied, gonna be really.....really hard to not get sucked into options strategies on a weekly/monthly basis 🙃

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
wrong on that assumption
And could not prevent a $3.10 loss in the end , so net "only" $26 profit. Good enough. chose to step out because the gap is close and yesterday it went just a little bit higher. BTW: That $3 is covered by a $TSLA trade (in and out of shares) bringing me double the amount (2x $3.36) so almost thirty for the day.
Furthermore stepped back into PLTR (in fact 115% of previous share count, preluding SPY inclusion later this month) @ $24.57
Tomorrow I will visit DevWorld conference Amsterdam (ticket sponsored by Tesla via Tesla Ownersclub Netherlands, where I volunteer!), so I will not trade nor comment over here I guess. I heard there will be a (turned off) Teslabot, maybe I will make a short video or take a photo. Happy trading y'all!

Anyone else having problems with Schwab filling Market Orders? It takes about 5-10 MINUTES at times and been like this for weeks! I noticed it only happens in my regular trading account and not in the ROTH account. In the ROTH account it trades almost instantly as it should with Market Orders. I email Schwab and they blamed it on the market maker not having enough quantity to fill??!! The attached screenshot is only 5 CSP which isn't noticeable among even small fishes. Just wondering why it takes so long.

The work around: When I see the order not executed within a minute I would manually cancel it and try again. Seems like the second time it execute instantly thus invalidates MM not having the volume. What A PITA.
Screenshot 2024-02-22 105612.png