Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the talk about TSLA’s P/E, you have to back out the tax recognition out of Q4’s earnings to get TSLA’s true P/E. But since 46 technically is TTM P/E, Tesla has 4 quarters now to drastically improve earnings before the deferred tax allowance on Q4’s earnings is gone by Q4 2024’s earnings.

Otherwise, TSLA’s TTM P/E will shoot back up roughly 25-35%.

With all the talk about TSLA’s P/E, you have to back out the tax recognition out of Q4’s earnings to get TSLA’s true P/E. But since 46 technically is TTM P/E, Tesla has 4 quarters now to drastically improve earnings before the deferred tax allowance on Q4’s earnings is gone by Q4 2024’s earnings.

Otherwise, TSLA’s TTM P/E will shoot back up roughly 25-35%.
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Last edited:
Good question. I’ve definitely watched them change week by week, so they are not really very instructive. I use them as one more datapoint along with others to get a picture of where things may be ranging/headed and when I notice a confluence it bolsters the probability.
The thing about max pain is that prior to expiration week, for almost every expiration of the year, the contract volume and the amount of money involved, doesn't much move the needle. There will be some sway being exerted, but its minor compared to the $$ and contract volume of the final week of expiration. The primary exception I can think of is the Jan monthly expiration :)

@OptionsGrinder thank you for the tip about Elliott Wave Trader with Avi Gilburt.

I finished the free 2-week trial and found it so helpful that I subscribed to three of the services: StockWaves for their great EW analysis on TSLA, other beta stocks, and indices; Avi Gilburt’s general market analysis; and Caroline’s daily Fibonacci analysis.

It’s exactly as you described, a great and knowledgeable team with excellent information flowing throughout the day, plus morning charts and video, and summaries and updated charts after close, plus weekly educational webinars on EW and the market as a whole, and more.

It’s also reasonably priced at about $10/day ($950/qtr) for those three services and well worth it to me. I’ve already made a year’s worth of the cost in one day.

Great find!

🙏
you're welcome Jim, glad you found it helpful. Those are the three services that make the most sense for a TSLA-specific trader.. pay particular attention to Caroline's timing windows which can identify inflection points. She also helps keep you grounded with her "no-trigger no-trade" approach. You can learn more about her approach from her daily videos, assuming you have already found those.

Reactions: Jim Holder
QTA levels for today

1708440518897.png

2/23

1708440541650.png

3/1
1708440570061.png

1708440586251.png

What app do you use on your Watch, the standard Apple stock app is worthless... I'm using WeBull, which shows extended-hours and updates in real time
I use the standard app, which is lagging a bit and if I want to know more I take a look in Yahoo app. Webull I always use on my Mac.
Question. I use IBKR (Lynx) and I don't get realtime option prices anymore since Friday. Anybody else who experiences this as well? Solved right now..(but it is stuttering / lagging)

Close -C 190 with a 4.25 gain, just because I can do with a 40% profit. But guess I could have been waiting. (not too important because I have a lot of stock to buy back as well (and will wait for lower prices, around 190 to start buying back in)
STO SMCI -C770 (but late, because I did not believe the drop at first)

Last edited:
I use the standard app, which is lagging a bit and if I want to know more I take a look in Yahoo app. Webull I always use on my Mac.
Question. I use IBKR (Lynx) and I don't get realtime option prices anymore since Friday. Anybody else who experiences this as well? Solved right now..

Close -C 190 with a 4.25 gain, just because I can do with a 40% profit. But guess I could have been waiting. (not too important because I have a lot of stock to buy back as well (and will wait for lower prices, around 190 to start buying back in)
STO SMCI -C770 (but late, because I did not believe the drop at first)
Install WeBull on your iPhone and watch, thank me afterwards!

Thanks! I found the discussion on page 1863 very helpful. I use IBKR and as @dl003 said, they only define options same strike same expiration date as substantially identical securities. One can always count on finding great wisdom on this forum!
Call your broker; their input will be useful.

Could we continue this WASH discussion elsewhere, lest we bother our non-U.S. forum members?