Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing the world in autopilot, part deux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. This is nearing completion now. I am trying to get some interesting/diverse footage. There are going to be some limitations of course, and the backup camera is so unreliable I think I am not going to even try to depend on collect that particular footage.

I cannot wait to see what you two are putting together. Thanks from the community for your continued work and research.

Bladerskb, bladerskb, bladerskb!

images

stays in the slow lane too much

How German of it. :)

I finally get to try it out so I'm curious to see how my choices compare with its. I don't get to try the ULC yet, but I'll try to be a good obedient driver in changing lanes when it wants.

It does need to be regional because people drive differently in different regions. I fully expect it to be in the right lane more than me on a three lane road. I move over since I feel the middle lane is safer, and I only use the passing lane when I need to pass.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
Orange transparent “ribbon” denotes idea of how the autopilot thinks it should continue forward from there on (or so we think, it’s some sort of path planning apparently. It is given in 3D space and we @DamianXVI tried to overlaid it on 2D space as closely as could be done currently with the limited knowledge we have) – this is really advanced, note on the hills it goes up and down – this is why AP2+ is better on hilly roads than AP1.

@verygreen apart from the orange ribbon. I wonder if those lane lines are given in 3D space coordinate too?