Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have exact locations for anywhere (not already built) outside of this list (from the PDF shared earlier?)

• Burnside Council carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Mt Barker Homemaker Centre (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Cowell Waterfront carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Port Augusta Wharflands Esplanade (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Normanville Village Green (150kW Rapid)
• Barmera Main St carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Blackwood Community Centre carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Morgan Railway Terrace carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Woodside Klose’s Foodland (150kW Rapid)
• Goolwa Council carpark (150kW Rapid)

Do we have exact locations for anywhere (not already built) outside of this list (from the PDF shared earlier?)

• Burnside Council carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Mt Barker Homemaker Centre (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Cowell Waterfront carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Port Augusta Wharflands Esplanade (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Normanville Village Green (150kW Rapid)
• Barmera Main St carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Blackwood Community Centre carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Morgan Railway Terrace carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Woodside Klose’s Foodland (150kW Rapid)
• Goolwa Council carpark (150kW Rapid)
Do these not require a development application in South Australia?

Tried searching as many different variations as I could, couldn't see anything relevant for places like Cowell - the only DA I found was for the site in Kimba at the service station.

Do these not require a development application in South Australia?

Tried searching as many different variations as I could, couldn't see anything relevant for places like Cowell - the only DA I found was for the site in Kimba at the service station.
Most EV charger installs do not require a DA. If they are adding additional car spaces it may trigger a DA and if they are adding solar I think it might also trigger a DA.

Reactions: Chuq and B3AU
Reactions: RichardV
Thanks, I kinda figured that might be the case.
The DAs published online for SA also aren't as detailed or contain the same documents as NSW does - eg this is the DA for that Kimba site - Development application register (application ID 23017627)
The application for Kimba was submitted on June 22nd, thank goodness Milton tyres in Kimba are so EV friendly. Anyhow the Shell is a handy location, plenty of parking areas away from the fuel bowsers, a fairly good dining area that looks out over the carpark and a Reasonable choice of food.

Think it depends on the Council rules, and what's already on the site.

Private property that's already a carpark may not require a DA, effectively just a big power point.

Council property where council is effectively giving an exclusive use lease may need some community consultation before council approval.

And other forms of approval (eg. Advertising for models like Jolt) or Parking Signage changes may be needed in some instances.

District Council of Coober Pedy asking for feedback regarding an RAA Charge site there:

Looks to be a 150 kW Kempower unit with 2x connectors, and an AC charger.

1689140881491.png

My wife is dreaming about a red centre trip in the Tesla next year… or the year after. This would make it so much easier to contemplate.

What kind of local grid does Coober Pedy have?
Micro grid with a mix of solar, wind, battery and diesel. 'Up to' 70% renewables.

Live and average renewables over last 24 hours

Though it is not without its controversy.