Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Buttons Talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased S3XY Buttons to put on a 2023 Model 3 Performance and I have questions/suggestions, I'm hoping this is the right place to have a bit of a discussion on them.

Suggestions:
1. Auto Pilot Hands On - Button attached just in front of window controls. Keep hand here and can press to simulate steering wheel inputs.
2. If you have kids - Rear vent on + passenger door open - I can't understand why this isn't sticky and I have to do it every time!
3. Track Mode + Precondition Batteries
4. Regen Loop +25 + Regen 100%

Questions:
1. Auto Pilot Hands On - when using the button it seems to prompt me constantly...like every 10 seconds. Has anyone experienced this?
2. I'd really like to set climate control "Keep" to one of the buttons but I don't see that as a setting?
3. Why is regen 100% the default yet regen is so much stronger in Track Mode. I want Track Mode regen all the time. In my Bolt EV I can drive with one foot 98% of the time. In the M3P I am constantly going to the brake. It also seems like Tesla is trying to be "smart" about how much regen I get and allows for some coast at low speeds but is more aggressive at higher speeds. Might also just be that I keep the thing between 80-90% charge most of the time. Same with the Bolt but get more regen from bolt.

Thanks!

1. Auto Pilot Hands On - when using the button it seems to prompt me constantly...like every 10 seconds. Has anyone experienced this?

This is because the car prefers you to actually put torque on the wheel. Sure, you can use the button (which mimics the scroll wheel) but it doesn't satisfy the car's want for your hand on the wheel in the same way.

Reactions: drdumont
Looks like they’re about to release totally revamped S3XY buttons in a few days. The new ones (from the emails I received from them) will be sleeker, have quicker response times to button presses, eliminate the issue of many status changes not reflected on the main screen (currently only showing on the Commander dashboard) such as Sport/Chill mode, etc. and one more improvement that will be announced tomorrow.

Reactions: KyleDay
Looks like they’re about to release totally revamped S3XY buttons in a few days. The new ones (from the emails I received from them) will be sleeker, have quicker response times to button presses, eliminate the issue of many status changes not reflected on the main screen (currently only showing on the Commander dashboard) such as Sport/Chill mode, etc. and one more improvement that will be announced tomorrow.
Todays email has the last hint saying the new product will be S3XYer LOL

AD0CBC77-12DD-4E90-BE36-0094F6C07469.png

Don't see anything on their website indicating enhancements, just incomplete infor about a rotary knob. a new product to me, really ho hum IMHO.
The site was unresponsive from about 1145 Texas time.
I guess the knob is the big new product. It's probably good but we'll have to wait until they reveal more about its functionality to know for sure. I've been very happy with my S3XY buttons and how they have supported it via updates. I'd be happy to support the new knob except that I make extensive use of the center console storage compartment, and it looks like the knob takes up a lot of that space, so I probably won't be getting it.

A bit disappointing. Looks like a rotary knob with a display, surrounded by four buttons. It takes up a bit of room in the center console sliding door, but the real problem is that it needs another connection to the car. There’s no room in my Model Y rear console since the commander is connected there with no room to spare. That means I’d have to connect it to the front OBD II port under the glove box, which seems like a pain. Since there seems to be four buttons alongside the rotary knob, I guess I can connect this new device INSTEAD of the commander module, but I use six buttons so would need to have both OBD ports utilized. While I love my S3XY buttons, I think I’ll pass on this new product.

I don’t see why it would need a new communicator. That is not an assumption I think one should make at all. As for its usefulness we may have to wait until they release for information. I think it’s silly when these companies issue teasers. Do what Apple does and when you have information, give it.

My apologies to all. They updated the page with additional info and I now see that the Knob’s commander will replace the buttons commander and all can be used with the new commander. That’s good, but I think I’d still need to be looking at the knob to use it, and that would put my eyes even further from the road than the main screen. While it looks like a cool product, I think I’ll stick with my buttons for now.

Reactions: drdumont and gtae07
Looks like there is an updated commander, the website doesn't have much information about what's changed compared to the first generation. Anyone know if there's any new features that the new commander would enable (if any)?

I had ordered my buttons and commander (both Gen 1) on Nov 23. They only delivered them to me on Dec 21.
But in the process they upgraded me (and many others, it seems) to the Gen 2 for free.

There is one new feature on the commander, maybe its for the older one also, but I am not sure.

Reactions: KITT 2.0
Looks like there is an updated commander, the website doesn't have much information about what's changed compared to the first generation. Anyone know if there's any new features that the new commander would enable (if any)?

According to Enhance Auto on their discord channel, the Gen2 commander has an additional connection to the 2nd CAN bus to allow some additional data to be read and displayed on the S3XY dashboard such as TACC state, speed limit signs, and TPMS. Also allows for some other stuff like suspension control in Model S/X.

I pre ordered the gen 2 from T Sportline, they were supposed to ship by now so I emailed them for an update and said that I will just be getting Gen 1 because my 2018 will not be compatible with the new ones.

Should they have known this when I ordered? I’m thinking I should cancel and request a refund - I can likely buy a used Gen 1 much cheaper soon when the Gen 2’s start shipping.

Any advice is appreciated.

I pre ordered the gen 2 from T Sportline, they were supposed to ship by now so I emailed them for an update and said that I will just be getting Gen 1 because my 2018 will not be compatible with the new ones.

Should they have known this when I ordered? I’m thinking I should cancel and request a refund - I can likely buy a used Gen 1 much cheaper soon when the Gen 2’s start shipping.

Any advice is appreciated.
I don't know if that's true or not, but Enhance Auto seem pretty responsive to emails. Did you check with them about this directly?

Well, I updated my S3XY dashboard app to 4.2.5 today and now it does not connect to the Commander. The buttons all still work, but I can't adjust them without the app being connected. I've sent an email to Enhance Auto support so hopefully they'll get back to me with some suggestions to fix it soon.