Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Tesla Pulling all Inventory on Thursday 10/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I've heard from a good source that all inventory will be listed as "Not For Sale" on Thursday, October 26. Official reason is to preserve test drive fleets across the country. After that, the only option will be to purchase a custom order through the end of the year.

This seems like a huge step - I'd expect there is a lot more inventory out there than just test drive vehicles. I have heard that inventory is light - so this will certainly help expand it.

So if you are interested in buying an inventory car, better lock it up by tomorrow.

FYI, I've heard from a good source that all inventory will be listed as "Not For Sale" on Thursday, October 26. Official reason is to preserve test drive fleets across the country. After that, the only option will be to purchase a custom order through the end of the year.

This seems like a huge step - I'd expect there is a lot more inventory out there than just test drive vehicles. I have heard that inventory is light - so this will certainly help expand it.

So if you are interested in buying an inventory car, better lock it up by tomorrow.

Glad I locked down my inventory 100D a couple of days ago. 6500 discount.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Tesla semi truck unveil event 'tentatively' set for October 26. Delayed to November.

Oddly enough that's the same day inventory is being shut down. There must be some major announcements coming up with the 1000 discount going away by the end of the month. What can we confirm?

-Tesla is working with Intel for their MCU. Looking at the Model 3 will give us a clue on how the new maps will look.

Reactions: zmarty
Tesla refreshed last year at this time, after a similarly large Q3 inventory dump. The S/X MCU is long overdue for an upgrade. The Model 3 also has an internal camera. Decent possibility that an S/X refresh is in the works.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Tesla refreshed last year at this time, after a similarly large Q3 inventory dump. The S/X MCU is long overdue for an upgrade. The Model 3 also has an internal camera. Decent possibility that an S/X refresh is in the works.
But wouldn't that mean that Tesla should sell as many of the inventory car as possible now before there value drops instead of stop selling them?

Could make sense, but on the other hand if they're in need of more loaner cars and are about to have a lot of cars that would otherwise sell for less than those built new...
Sooner or later they need to sell the car they have as they don't want to offer test drives in to old cars so it's better to sell the cars they have now and replace them with new ones. The longer they wait with selling the cars they have now the lower will there value be.

Make sure to contact an OA. Ev-CPO does not show all inventories. There are many with $10k off not listed. The reason is OA send it out to their contacts and they get sold before it hits the websites where ev-cpo pulls it from.

image002.png

ok - thats not NEW inventory. Why would Tesla care abut 2013 and 2014 vehicles as test drivers? They don't - they want you to drive the latest and greatest - so I call BS on any story that would involved four and five model year old inventory.

Yes, that actually is new inventory or demo/loaner cars sold as new. Those numbers do not include CPO/Used cars.
Current counts for US:
Model S:139
Model X:105

Actually, the current count is over 1500 total cars in new inventory - if it were truly limited to 244, I could see them ceasing inventory sales to preserve that limited inventory. But with over 1500 total cars, it doesn't seem as much of a problem to me.

Where do people get these numbers and info? I see things posted all the time but how do mere mortals know whats actually available either new or CPO

Reactions: David29