Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Tesla Pulling all Inventory on Thursday 10/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To push up your reported earnings for the quarter. Except that this isn't the end of a quarter, so heck I don't know.

hmm... I don't think "pulling" inventory pushes earnings. Selling them could, if sold at a profit, but my understanding is that inventory cars do not produce much profit anyway. I think this is a more strategic move than a financial move, but I'm not sure what the reasoning is... we'll see!

It looks like inventory is making a return. I checked today and plenty of cars back up after missing.

I wonder what gives?

I’ve heard that Tesla has maxed out slots for 75D custom builds to be built and delivered in 2017. Therefore, they are releasing additional new 75D inventory to compensate for lack of further 2017 custom availability.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
T
It looks like inventory is making a return. I checked today and plenty of cars back up after missing.

I wonder what gives?
They disappeared for a few hours on the 26th but then some showed back up later in the day. Tesla Inventory Search has continued to show available inventory since they were added back later on the 26th. The list of available cars is constantly changing.

Reactions: DÆrik
Anyone think once we hit closed window for new production orders in 2017 , we see more inventory cars come online and available?

There were plenty of cats that disappeared and I can’t imagine them not being for sale towards year end.

Anyone think once we hit closed window for new production orders in 2017 , we see more inventory cars come online and available?

There were plenty of cats that disappeared and I can’t imagine them not being for sale towards year end.

Yes, we've already hit it for the 75Ds and now we have some more in new inventory. I've been told all the 75D custom order spots have been filled. And as a result, we've seen some additional 75D inventory released, especially with hidden inventory. I'd expect we're close (if not there) on the 100Ds as well. In which case we should see more inventory released as we go along - but I'm not sure the floodgates will open as Tesla seems like they really do want to expand the loaner fleet (for now).