Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Llewellyn's Fully Charged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not everyone is obsessed with cars having to look showroom-like all the time. Certainly not in middle/northern Europe (and especially England) where the weather (and the dirt on the many by-roads) tends to wreck any good saturday carwash after two days max anyway. :wink:

I suspect you don't understand the reasons for and the simplicity of the two-bucket method. Either that, or we don't have the same definition of obsession, because taking one extra minute per month to prevent micro-scratches and swirls in the paint seems like the least one can do.

Having a lot of dirt on the road is actually an argument for using two buckets. With conditions as bad as you say and using a sole pale, dirt quickly builds up in the wash water and you end up sanding your car. btw, in Eastern Canada we do have experience with bad weather.

I suspect you don't understand the reasons for and the simplicity of the two-bucket method. Either that, or we don't have the same definition of obsession, because taking one extra minute per month to prevent micro-scratches and swirls in the paint seems like the least one can do.

To be honest I don't wash my car every month. Perhaps two or three times a year. Rain helps a lot ;-)
And for the worst dirt I use a Kaercher high pressure cleaner, then shampoo, then the Kaercher again. After that most of the dirt is gone. For special dirt like remains of smashed flies, etc. I use a special cleaning agent, then rinse after that. A little polish in the end and off we go again. No big deal really, I don't actually bother a lot with buckets at all. And you won't believe this, but even after eleven years my car doesn't show a lot of micro scratches or swirls. At least none that are too obivous :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Did you all notice in the 1007 mile review that Robert used the word LUDICROUS to describe his Tesla's 85's Performance???
A brain of the future....

Well, perhaps there is a bit of Kryten left in him after all... ;-)

~6:55 "...There is a software and hardware tweak on this particular car... gives you Ludicrous mode..."

I guess they loaned him a prototype with the new 0-60 in 2.8 mode ?

That's not how I interpreted it..I heard it as there's a tweak for the P85D that allows upgrade to Ludicrous in more general terms, not the exact car he was in. and the display did not have Ludicrous mode as an option, just insane.

That's not how I interpreted it..I heard it as there's a tweak for the P85D that allows upgrade to Ludicrous in more general terms, not the exact car he was in. and the display did not have Ludicrous mode as an option, just insane.

Yeah, I suppose it could be interpreted either way. Yes, I didn't see Ludicrous on the screen, but when he said "this particular car", I took it to mean the one he was driving, not P85Ds in general, but I suppose it makes more sense if he was just saying that all P85Ds could be upgraded and the one he was driving hadn't yet been upgraded.

...although... he does say "ON this particular car", not "FOR this particular car"...

Also enjoy the apologies for "explEEtives".

We might say it was a "Britishism", but I guess us yanks say "EXPLiTIVES" wrong since it was their language in the first place.

~6:55 "...There is a software and hardware tweak on this particular car... gives you Ludicrous mode..."

I guess they loaned him a prototype with the new 0-60 in 2.8 mode ?

Maybe you could see it only with the bigger size video, but there was no ludicrous mode on the screen. Just sport and insane.

Maybe you could see it only with the bigger size video, but there was no ludicrous mode on the screen. Just sport and insane.
Agreed, the loaner P85D he was driving in that video did not have Ludicrous mode, it was just "Insane". And judging by his reaction, he felt that term was spot on. [emoji6]
It's interesting how some people react physiologically to the rapid acceleration in Insane mode. They can get blurred vision, dizziness, nausea; none of which you want to experience while driving. I test drove a P85D in Insane mode early this year and happily did not have those reactions under max acceleration. But apparently many people do.