Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD model 3 instrument cluster with intel atom software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought an inatrument cluster for my RHD model 3 tesla, but found it impossible to access the intel port on the processor in order to make the necessary connections. All installation videos are with LHD models which seem to have more room to change the sockets. Just wondered if anyone has ever managed to to connect to this socket, and if so - how ?. I have sent the unit back for a refund, at the expense of paying for the fedex delivery.

many thanks for any replies

Robert

What model instrument cluster? All the clusters I've seen plug into the connector on the rear of the center console, underneath the rear vents.
Yes, those I think are the ones without carplay and autopilot. The ones with carplay and autopilot plug into the intel connector on the right hand side of the processor. I bought the "T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display". The instruction video shows how to install it, but it uses a LHD car where access to the intel connector is difficult - but possible. I tried with my RHD and there just isnt enough room to reach the connector, unless maybe I have to remove the inner side panels (i.e. dismantle the car !} It is supposed to be "plug and play". None of the places selling them say they are not suitable for RHD.
Thanks for replying

Robert