Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Production Countdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's my other problem...I live in Texas where we don't have a "nearest" sales person. So I should just pick the nearest state and go from there? Or colorado since they have inventory?

Finally, I did see a white one in Dallas, if that is anyone on the forum.

Sorry for the basic questions.

that's my other problem...I live in Texas where we don't have a "nearest" sales person. So I should just pick the nearest state and go from there? Or colorado since they have inventory?

Finally, I did see a white one in Dallas, if that is anyone on the forum.

Sorry for the basic questions.
No need to apologize (at least not in my opinion). Yeah, I'd say call any Tesla Store. Lance in Seattle is a great guy, and I'm sure he'd help you out. They don't exactly have customers lining up in Seattle to buy every single day!

Colorado has at least 4 in stock. Phoenix has at least 1. Unless my geography is off, you might do well to call the Colorado Tesla Store. They either sell at lot, and that's why they have such a large inventory - or they haven't been selling many at all.

By the way, the Tesla Motors web site is great, and I even met one of the developers when he passed through Seattle, but I must admit that you're still better off talking to an employee. The web site seems to be in flux, because computers do not adapt to changing market availability as well as human sales staff!

I live in Texas where we don't have a "nearest" sales person. So I should just pick the nearest state and go from there? Or Colorado since they have inventory?

FWIW, the Chicago store currently handles the service for Texas and they are first rate.

I have had a couple of casual conversations with people in the Los Angles store on visits there and they have been very nice even though I am already a Texas owner.

I suggest you just pick a store and call one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom orders are gone!

My latest information (today) is that there are still some custom slots left now, and more than 39 spec cars available.

I was in Menlo today, getting some minor issues addressed. There's a half dozen or so shiny models in the showroom waiting for purchasers (one is marked as a "customer car - do not touch", so I'm guessing it's a recent sale), plus easily another dozen outside in front. I didn't go to the back of the building to see what they had there. From what I gather, cars not actually in the showroom can be available or already sold - there's usually no indication on the car itself, but the sales people all know. I was lucky in that there was a spec car close to what I wanted, and they were willing to swap wheels and interiors to make it just what I would have custom ordered.

FWIW, Santana Row typically has 2 new cars in the showroom, and 2 test drivers out back on the chargers (all Sport models). The green car I test drove there a couple of weeks ago was sold a few days later, and then replaced with another car.

As mentioned in another thread, the last 5 VINs are special models, with custom paint and other differentiating factors from normal production - that's why they're so expensive. They're not any faster, though (I asked).

My latest information (today) is that there are still some custom slots left now
Would those be only the last 5 at $200,000? I was told that those were all sold. In fact, before I purchased my Roadster in May, I was told that there were no (0) custom slots left - they would not take my money. I'm going to be very disappointed if they were holding back and actually have custom order slots left.

Granted, I know that people can still custom order for delivery outside US and CA, but if you have a reputable source that custom slots are available for US delivery, then please provide a citation. Where did you hear this?

I don't have specific updated information on the last 5 VINs. When I was buying a couple weeks ago, I was shown some pictures of cars (which I presume were Photoshopped) in the special colors. I wasn't willing to pay the extra high price, so I didn't pursue the matter further. The "red" was actually a cool copper-ish color.

On the custom orders, I have to quote from the movie Dave:

Duane: I can't say.
Dave: You mean, you don't know, or "you can't say"?
Duane: I can't say.

There was a time in May when custom ordering was closed, but it's supposedly open again. From what I know, this was not intentional on Tesla's part.

I would suggest calling up a Tesla salesperson right away and ask if you can place a custom order now. If I'm right and you can, see if the configuration you want is order-able. It may not be. They'll probably have to get back to you on that. If you've already placed an order for a spec vehicle but haven't taken possession, I would ask to have them switch you at no penalty, assuming what you want is still available. If you've recently taken delivery, I would ask if they would take back your car to use as a test driver, and order you the car you really want. Or, perhaps some other suitable compensation.

For anyone who's considering a Roadster and wants it just the way they want it, time to pull the money out of the mattress.

I enquired earlier today about what Roadsters are available. There are a "handful" of custom order slots left and one "Final Edition" Roadster still up for grabs. I was emailed the following pics and for $200,000 it includes the following:

- Atomic Red or Ion Blue
- Sport Package
- Dark Grey Full Leather + Carbon Fiber Interior w/ contrasting stitching of exterior color
- Carbon Fiber Hardtop
- Infotainment Group (Nav, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio)
- Exterior Carbon Fiber Accents
- Thunder Gray forged wheels
- Thunder Gray racing stripes (optional)
- Paint Armor
- Solar Guard Windshield
- Universal Connector

Atomic Red
photo1fn.jpg

Ion Blue (my choice)
photo2dl.jpg

Umm... VFX... You wouldn't be getting the last North-American 2011 too, now would you?

No, Tesla is yesterday's technology. My latest EV ride is this baby.

The charger can be conviently set up next to the wall plug so I don't have to carry it around everywhere. It has a load capacity of 900 lbs and the turning radius is mindboggling compared to the Roadster. And it does wheelies! Try that in a Tesla.

Attachments

• CIMG2903.JPG
    CIMG2903.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
For some reason the carbon fiber front spoiler is missing. Beautiful colors though, and the wheels look great!

Atomic Red
photo1fn.jpg

I'll take it as an extreme compliment.
colr2.jpg
Copper match2.jpg

At the last Tesla Rally I was fawning over Elon's Candy Apple painted car that Franz's father was driving. Meanwhile Franz was taking in my car including the charcoal wheels.
Maybe he could help me Franzify my front end to match this for helping his inspiration.:smile:

Hopefully someday someone can get a group photo of a Lightning Green, Ion Blue, and Atomic Red all together (and not just a photoshop mock-up).
I think they would look awesome together.

How much of a premium does that $200K reflect? Most of those things (including perhaps the wheel and body color with special request) are already available options. I'd guess they'd start to add up fairly quickly.

However, I was hoping they'd do something truly special with these cars other than the paint job. For example, they could build a few Roadster battery packs with the more recent cells. A Roadster with a 300 mile or better range would be awesome, and would be a great promotion for the Model S.

Does it come in Blue? :biggrin::wink:

No, Tesla is yesterday's technology. My latest EV ride is this baby.

The charger can be conviently set up next to the wall plug so I don't have to carry it around everywhere. It has a load capacity of 900 lbs and the turning radius is mindboggling compared to the Roadster. And it does wheelies! Try that in a Tesla.