Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Fob Capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they removed the feature from the key fob, they should have implemented it in the app!

It does seem odd. Many cars have the push-and-hold feature to roll down all 4 windows, so I don't see what makes it more problematic with the Tesla than with any other car. They've introduced push-and-hold (trunk button) to open the charge port, and I haven't been reading of all kinds of unintended charge port openings...

It does seem odd. Many cars have the push-and-hold feature to roll down all 4 windows, so I don't see what makes it more problematic with the Tesla than with any other car. They've introduced push-and-hold (trunk button) to open the charge port, and I haven't been reading of all kinds of unintended charge port openings...

Because coming out to an open charge port isn't nearly as bad as coming out to a car full of snow... on the INSIDE. :)

We're used to closing the charge port, especially since any Supercharger button will open every charge door within a 30-40 ft radius (at least the Normal, IL one did).

It still rains above 10 degC, too. I just referenced snow because it's a greater visual. There were one or two owners that came back to a soaked car from rainfall.

For me, I could take it or leave it. I never used it on my last car anyway, but still don't see what makes the Model S more vulnerable to accidental opening than any of the miriad of other cars that have this feature on their key fobs. Maybe they could put a "switch" in the configuration options like they do for so many other features (creep, headlight delay, remote access, child locks etc).

Reactions: MarkKW
I know this is a very old thread, but man, I really don't understand why this isn't an option.
As stated above, it could be via the app, of via the FOB with a disable option for those that sit on their FOB's from time to time.