Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker here. Ordered Oct 11th. Got Vin'ed early Feb and got my plaid X on March 5th at 1:30PM. And after only a day, literally 24 hours later. At 1:30 March 6th, the FWD broke down. The joint part didn't assemble well I guess. When I tried to open the FWD for my wife we heard a loud sound and then a piece of plastic dropped off the roof. And then we found out the roof cracked opened. That's where it holds the joint of the FWD. My wife was pissed. An almost 140k worth of vehicle has worse quality than her Toyota Rav 4. And my friends were also making fun of the 140k car that only lasted for ONE day. The service told us it's gonna be a while since they have to order parts from CA. We're so frustrated at this point that we just told them to keep the car and we can have our money back. But was told that was not the option. Seriously. Who could've imagine that. We should've gone with X7 or a Cayenne. We will probably still ending up selling the car when we have it back. The quality issue is unbelievable at this price point
Dude this is nuts. I’d be blasting Tesla on social media to make this right asap. This is ridiculous.

F’ing Tesla.

My EDD changed to March 16-20 when I got a VIN. I called and explained that I am out of the state for work but I can schedule a flight back and time off during that time, but once I schedule it I absolutely CANNOT change it, so I asked if we can make sure its locked in. He said he understood and he’d add a note and that should lock it in unless there is any unforeseen delay.

Cool. I locked in my time off and booked flights to Houston and back to work. I logged in today and found my EDD has now changed from the 12-16. I called Tesla and their response was “it sucks to suck!”

With all the changes we‘ve all experienced over the last year or more I guess I shouldn’t be too upset until theres a reason to be, because it will most likely change again, but jeez this is getting out of hand. I have my insurance and financing complete, approved and ready to go but that apparently means nothing to Tesla.

Has anyone had any luck in changing the delivery windows when they had the option to schedule?

Dude this is nuts. I’d be blasting Tesla on social media to make this right asap. This is ridiculous.
Yes. We all know Tesla has quality issues but never thought it'd be like that. The Wife was mad and she told me just sell the car and get an X7 or Cayenne. I can't argue with her because she was never sold on the car and when that happen she hates it more. When I told my local SC about what happened. They acted like it's no biggie. They see that a lot I guess. But now I ended up having to uber 2 hours a day to commute to work. Because they're out of loaners and they offered me a gas car from Enterprise and pay my own gas which I refused. It's really a shame that we might sell the car. My daughter enjoy the car a lot TBH

VINer!

June 17 2021 order
Black / White / 6 Seat / 20” wheels
Chicago - Grand Ave delivery

When is a good time to change from cash payment to do credit app and trade in? Should I wait for delivery to be scheduled?
Lucky draw! Only 7 earlier (2020, Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr.) Black | White orders including one from Chicago, plus one in May and another June 1st. Buy a Lotto ticket.

Yes. We all know Tesla has quality issues but never thought it'd be like that. The Wife was mad and she told me just sell the car and get an X7 or Cayenne. I can't argue with her because she was never sold on the car and when that happen she hates it more. When I told my local SC about what happened. They acted like it's no biggie. They see that a lot I guess. But now I ended up having to uber 2 hours a day to commute to work. Because they're out of loaners and they offered me a gas car from Enterprise and pay my own gas which I refused. It's really a shame that we might sell the car. My daughter enjoy the car a lot TBH
Why wouldn't you just take the Enterprise rental and pay for gas? Instead you are paying for uber which is more than gas?

F’ing Tesla.

My EDD changed to March 16-20 when I got a VIN. I called and explained that I am out of the state for work but I can schedule a flight back and time off during that time, but once I schedule it I absolutely CANNOT change it, so I asked if we can make sure its locked in. He said he understood and he’d add a note and that should lock it in unless there is any unforeseen delay.

Cool. I locked in my time off and booked flights to Houston and back to work. I logged in today and found my EDD has now changed from the 12-16. I called Tesla and their response was “it sucks to suck!”

With all the changes we‘ve all experienced over the last year or more I guess I shouldn’t be too upset until theres a reason to be, because it will most likely change again, but jeez this is getting out of hand. I have my insurance and financing complete, approved and ready to go but that apparently means nothing to Tesla.

Has anyone had any luck in changing the delivery windows when they had the option to schedule?
Let me know if I can help in any way. I’m not traveling any time soon so can help inspect or receive your car if they keep being a-holes.

Lucky draw! Only 7 earlier (2020, Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr.) Black | White orders including one from Chicago, plus one in May and another June 1st. Buy a Lotto ticket.
We got a date range of March 17- - March 31 for our white/white X that was ordered 12/20. Based on our buying history, that probably means there will be some major hardware upgrades starting 4/1. ;)

I updated the spreadsheet this morning.

I see way too many stories like this and tbf it really has me scared. This will be my first Tesla and my first EV in general. I already had to work hard to sell my wife on getting this thing in the first place... had to convince her to try the Yoke... then Tesla removed creep mode and I had to talk her off the ledge and convince her to try regen driving.... But I think if something like that happens it will be 3 strikes and I'm out lol.

D3424F03-C600-4031-9F53-7361F94D7B9C.jpeg
One year and two weeks later. Fingers crossed it’s really happening

... should've gone with X7 or a Cayenne. We will probably still ending up selling the car when we have it back. The quality issue is unbelievable at this price point
What you and your wife have is 'luck'. Hearing about these things are pretty rare, especially since its so bad that the people that have this happened squawk pretty loudly. Much louder than those whose cars are perfect and we never hear from them again.

What you and your wife have is 'luck'. Hearing about these things are pretty rare, especially since its so bad that the people that have this happened squawk pretty loudly. Much louder than those whose cars are perfect and we never hear from them again.
rare maybe. My Model S Plaid had complete power failure at 80 miles...needed a new high voltage battery. was in service for a month