Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebate on Audi e-tron GT?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Audi doing a major discount on E-trons GTs right now?

I've started seeing them as often as a new Corvette Stingray. It looks like an exotic car but I don't know if it's really considered an exotic car, it seems more like a reasonably prices nice sports car. But I still like the car and it interests me, and it's electric which is nice. I saw one of my gym coach drives one and he's like 19 years old. I'm wondering if he bought it or if his parents bought it.

Google says it starts at $106k but I'm wondering if it's possible to get one for $80k with rebates and try get 20% off. It seems EVs are the easier cars to get a discount. I wish we could find cars at TJ Maxx and get 60% off or maybe the arcade could get one and I try win it for half retail cost.

The only downside for most sports cars is they are smaller and are less practical, and not as comfortable compared to an SUV. But what makes them cool is what makes them inconvenient. I realized that when I rented a Lamborghini Huracan and it's cramped and small. Also very loud, it felt like being inside an airplane. Which is why I like the idea of sport cars EV because it probably will not be so loud to drive and be quiet so you could realistically drive it more often without feeling so rattled. I would hope it's cheaper to maintain an EV sports car because I heard minor upkeeps for Lamborghinis can be in the thousands of dollars each time.

Talking about the cost of maintening a sport car, I think you have a point. I have two friends who own a Porsche 911,
one has a PDK and the other a manual 7-speed. More recently they bough a Model 3 Performance, mostly as a daily driver.
They were both considering getting a Taycan but they are keeping this option on hold for now considering price, size, CCS charging,...
It is amusing to see that a 911 and a M3P have basically the same size when next to each other, with the 911 been lower by 5" or 14 cm.
And about your gym instructor, he migh have a popular Youtube channel, may be you should ask...

Last edited:
Is Audi doing a major discount on E-trons GTs right now?

I've started seeing them as often as a new Corvette Stingray. It looks like an exotic car but I don't know if it's really considered an exotic car, it seems more like a reasonably prices nice sports car. But I still like the car and it interests me, and it's electric which is nice. I saw one of my gym coach drives one and he's like 19 years old. I'm wondering if he bought it or if his parents bought it.

Google says it starts at $106k but I'm wondering if it's possible to get one for $80k with rebates and try get 20% off. It seems EVs are the easier cars to get a discount. I wish we could find cars at TJ Maxx and get 60% off or maybe the arcade could get one and I try win it for half retail cost.

The only downside for most sports cars is they are smaller and are less practical, and not as comfortable compared to an SUV. But what makes them cool is what makes them inconvenient. I realized that when I rented a Lamborghini Huracan and it's cramped and small. Also very loud, it felt like being inside an airplane. Which is why I like the idea of sport cars EV because it probably will not be so loud to drive and be quiet so you could realistically drive it more often without feeling so rattled. I would hope it's cheaper to maintain an EV sports car because I heard minor upkeeps for Lamborghinis can be in the thousands of dollars each time.
Cost of ownership is why I have an ev and not a stelvio qv or x3m

Talking about the cost of maintening a sport car, I think you have a point. I have two friends who own a Porsche 911,
one has a PDK and the other a manual 7-speed. More recently they bough a Model 3 Performance, mostly as a daily driver.
They were both considering getting a Taycan but they are keeping this option on hold for now considering price, size, CCS charging,...
It is amusing to see that a 911 and a M3P have basically the same size when next to each other, with the 911 been lower by 5" or 14 cm.
And about your gym instructor, he migh have a popular Youtube channel, may be you should ask...

It's possible he has a popular YouTube channel. But YouTube is very hard to make money from, it's just a hobby for most people, especially my arcade friends who like doing YouTube. They both have 5000 followers, but one admits he would never quit his normal job and does it as a hobby that makes some money. We do know one guy that has 4.11M followers and he bought a Tesla Model 3 (but I never seen it, it's just an Instagram post) he got success doing 3am videos. I'm just wondering for all the people who bought a Tesla Model 3, how many got it doing YouTube videos and how many obtained it through a normal job?

I may just ask him if he can give me a ride one day if I see him, he is not my gym instructor now, I think he has school like college and he works at the gym sometimes now.