Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used BMW i8 for $50k-60k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked used BMW i8 and alot of 2015-2016 BMW i8 can be bought for around $50k-60k. Almost as much as a brand new Tesla but be more unique. I feel it's cheaper than buying a Ferrari for $300k but it can still deliver the same wow factor of an exotic for so cheap. Especially if you want to pull up to the club in a BMW i8 I think most people would compliment it more than if you pulled up in a Model Y.

I bought some high end used furniture from someone on Offer Up. Paid $5000 for a used restoration hardware couch but I realize if I did this 10-12 times I could get a used BMW i8. I think $5000 is the most I ever spent on Offer Up, I want to do it one day for a cool car.

I just think it's kind of hard to spend $300k for an exotic if you're not a professional race car driver. I have driven / rented the Lamborghini Huracan and it's not a forgiving car. It will be hard for me to daily drive that thing every single day. But I did drive a BMW i8 one time, BMW dealership just let people test drive them and it was much easier to drive compared to the Lamborghini. It was an exotic looking car that I could see being easier to daily drive everyday over a Lamborghini Huracan and hopefully cheaper to maintain. And it has the same low exotic car look and I think most people won't really know the difference. I think on most occasions the BMW i8 will be the coolest car in the parking even if it's old.

Instead of buying a new Tesla that everyone is going to have, has anyone considered getting a used i8 for around $50k-$80k and having a cool car?