Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, how appropriate that this thread got kicked off with photos of the first two Founders cars! I love it. Wish I had been there in Malibu when this scene had taken place.

At the time of this thread was written there are only 6 cars delivered and ALL to founders, so it is really no surprise, just fun to see who gets pictures of them first.

:smile:

Hahaha if this was the "mass production version" they would be mass producing them. The X isn't ready for that yet. These are hand built founders cars delivered to meet a self-imposed deadline. Beyond that nothing has changed with the X since earlier this year.
Production models, meaning cars actually rolling off the line with consistency, won't happen until later this winter when Signature models start moving. Might not even be until January.
Seems I don't need to address this as others already have. ;-)

Yes but those two are #2 and #1 - only way to beat that would be to have them in the proper order, then get #3 for the trifecta.

So the challenge is on for the next shareholders meeting. Let's see if we can get photos of all six founders cars in the same parking lot. Whoever posts all six first, I buy them lunch (assuming I organize another group lunch like last two years, which is very likely).

Beside the fact that I'd like to see a smooth and rather rapid ramp up of production, I'd rather have a "hand built" Model X than the first few hundreds that gets out the automated line ;)
That's a bit of the point I was making. I'm sure the 6 founders cars came down the line, but a large part of the build was actually done by hand. Based on reports by people touring the factory, that "line" isn't ready to start producing full time yet. It's still a very hands on procedure to make a X. Let's hope for everyones sake this changes soon.

Elon did say 1% of the car was was excruciating to make, so there's some truth to that. But there's also a part shortage (windshield for instance).
I wish we could get clarification on what excruciating means. It's not like Elon's hiding the information from us. It just needs lots of parsing.

From bay area car spotters:

white x.jpg

white x2.jpg

white x3.jpg

white x4.jpg