Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny... I was there in my S on Sunday too, but this isn't mine. Drove Highway 1 up through Big Sur. Looked here half expecting to see my car at Nepenthe or something. The S is a joy to drive on that windy route.

We'll have to start a Carmel Chapter of the Tesla Club. I can't wait to take the Model S to Nepenthe. Maybe we can convince them to install a charger so we can just drive up and down Hwy 1.

I've tried:

(I blotted out my last name and Luis' email address with ~s for privacy.)

On Nov 4, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Luis Potter <[email protected]> wrote:

Jason,
Sorry but were unable to do this.
Luis Potter

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:03 AM
To: Luis Potter
Subject: Plug in for electric cars?

Hi there,

My family and I love Nepenthe. I've been visiting since I
was a little kid, and now I take my kids there whenever I have the
chance to visit Big Sur.

In our quest to live a green lifestyle, we've switched to electric
cars. Is there any chance Nepenthe would host a 208/240 volt outlet
for electric cars to plug into while dining and visiting the shop?
This is the kind of outlet commonly found for dryers. I'm sure it
would attract a good amount of business since I'm unaware of anywhere
else in Big Sur to plug in. (The closest is Carmel).

The parts have a small cost (<$100 if near your breaker box) and the
cost of electricity is small (generally $2-5 per car), which I'm sure
customers would be happy to pay if you are worried about it. I'd be
happy to talk to your electrician myself, and I'd even be willing to
pay the installation cost if it would help.

I'm visiting on Nov 18 with my family. It would be awesome if
something like this existed by then, but we'll be there regardless.
Let me know if you'd like to see our Tesla Model S when we visit to
see the future of environmental travel. :)

-Jason
Solana Beach, CA

Just saw my first S in the wild. Right off of E/W connector in Smyrna. About 2 mins ago!

Pic when I get home.

Funny story. They cut me off. I was in a right turn only lane, that backs up at a stop sign. They cruised to the front and turned right in front of me from the straight/left lane. I chased them down (damn that car is fast) and took a picture. They thought I was really pissed off that they cut me off. I was dumbfounded when I saw the side turn indicators, by the time I saw the tail lights I was back to normal. We both were on Highlands Pkwy turning right onto Highlands Ridge Road in Smyrna.

WP_20121128_001.jpg

It was black with black wheels. Pano roof. He said he got it today. He invited me to race his with mine when I get mine.

Last edited:
I was driving home from the office today, minding my own business, when I spied a car transporter with *six* brandy-new Model Ss being delivered to six lucky about-to-be owners in the O.C. of Southern California. (Sadly, mine was not on board.)
There was an empty space on the transporter (sob!). I hope it was due to a previous delivery, and not that the last one slid off the truck.
Photo was taken at great personal risk as I maneuvered like an idiot to try and get a better shot from my ActiveE.

-- Ardie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,036
I was driving home from the office today, minding my own business, when I spied a car transporter with *six* brandy-new Model Ss being delivered to six lucky about-to-be owners in the O.C. of Southern California. (Sadly, mine was not on board.)
There was an empty space on the transporter (sob!). I hope it was due to a previous delivery, and not that the last one slid off the truck.
Photo was taken at great personal risk as I maneuvered like an idiot to try and get a better shot from my ActiveE.

-- Ardie

The top, rear Model S in that pic appears to be Dolphin Grey to me. Does anyone else see it that way? :confused:

The top, rear Model S in that pic appears to be Dolphin Grey to me. Does anyone else see it that way? :confused:

Yes. Because it is. I'm curious about the excitement.

As a side note, IMHO the grey is one of the colors that photographs the least well. In photos, it is quite ho-hum. In person, it looks really slick. But of course I am biased....

On a side note, on my way home from work at about 11:15 PM I saw a red sig Model S at the corner of El Camino and Grant/237 turing onto Grant on the Mountain View / Sunnyvale border. At night, the rear brake lights look really cool. I was impressed all over again.

Cheers.

That was me last night! Had dinner with some friends before the Who concert and left the car parked with the valet.

Yes it is.

OK, that's pretty funny. Two most recent random sightings reported, and the owners both immediately "out themselves" on the forum... (Right mlascano?)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Because it is. I'm curious about the excitement.

Because it's a non-Sig color?