Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another 85D spotted in Istanbul today... It's crazy when you remember they are not selling to Turkey yet...
Thinking about the logistics there... I'm guessing you would take delivery of the car in western Europe and then drive it back to Turkey? Closest store is in Austria. And that last supercharger stop in Croatia probably won't be enough to get you home. :eek:

20151206_120942.jpg

At IKEA in Tampa, just a few minutes ago! I know this car...I tried to get in it by mistake at the Don Garlits event!

At IKEA in Tampa, just a few minutes ago!

I know IKEA is big on solar, so had to take a look on GMaps. Wow, that roof is loaded. Also noticed that the inside of the building is mapped, which I knew was a feature for a while, but I think it's the first time I've seen it.

I had another good sighting about a month ago on NB Rochester that I didn't post. Pretty sure it's the same one with tinted windows I've seen many times before on Rochester going the opposite direction. This is the first time I saw the plate, let alone seen it on my side of the road. It passed me kind of quickly and I couldn't clearly see through the tint for a wave.
2015-11-23_model-s-sighting-59.png

Also, on the 1st, I saw two just 2 minutes apart on the other side (NB) of M-59, at around 8:25am. They were too small and blurry in the dashcam capture to be worth posting. That was the third time I saw two in one day. The first time, coincidentally, was on the morning of Dec. 1st last year, just 1 minute apart on the other side (EB) of Hall. Second time was on the evening of June 30, 7 minutes apart on the other side (SB) of Stephenson and Rochester.

Is it "normal" that I've kept such detailed data on all my sightings for over 2 years and 60 sightings? Apparently I'm not only obsessed with Tesla, but spreadsheets too. I can't wait until I see so many that I can't keep up with the log and give up on it, as what happened with my Volt log just before my first Tesla sighting.

Last edited:
Or you could, you know, ship it.
Well, yeah, sure. OK. Fine.

But it could also be a reason to do a road trip across Serbia and Bulgaria. Plovdiv looks like an amazing city to visit. Of course, several of the enthusiastic blog articles that show up in a search for "bulgarian road trip" mention the fact that Bulgaria feels "off the grid" to a large extent, so I'd imagine you'd need to research the available charging options carefully.

Last March, while taking my first REAL road trip in my Metallic Blue Model S, I stayed at the Luxor Hotel in Vegas. I parked in their parking garage, as far away as I could get from the hotel entrance, just being paranoid of the other guests parking skills. First trip to my car after I checked in, and a beautiful brown Model S (from Florida) had parked next to me! I felt honored. Fun to have a Hawaii car parked next to a Florida car, in Vegas, no less.
IMG_20150326_204448_352.jpg

Last March, while taking my first REAL road trip in my Metallic Blue Model S, I stayed at the Luxor Hotel in Vegas. I parked in their parking garage, as far away as I could get from the hotel entrance, just being paranoid of the other guests parking skills. First trip to my car after I checked in, and a beautiful brown Model S (from Florida) had parked next to me! I felt honored. Fun to have a Hawaii car parked next to a Florida car, in Vegas, no less.View attachment 103588

How'd you drive from Hawaii to Vegas?! ;)

Visiting South Florida today and decided to check out the destination chargers at the Bal Harbour Shopping Center...

Saw a couple of Model S using them in Blue Ground Level C and E.

This is the one in Blue C:

23537731122_94099b0401_c.jpgIMG_0481 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

23646303525_77a60ab3b6_c.jpgIMG_0483 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

This is the one in Blue E:

23646308655_15c9f118eb_c.jpgIMG_0486 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

23563879951_39371ff8f7_c.jpgIMG_0487 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

The ones using the charger were great...

But the really random one was the one from Ontario, Canada parked in the Pink (2nd Garage Level)

23278354589_cf30d3095a_c.jpgIMG_0484 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We were eating dinner in a restaurant tonight and I saw what looked like the taillight pattern of a Model S in the unlit parking lot. It looked like a white or silver car, but could just barely make out the silhouette. I went out to grab some cash from my SO's car's console to pay the bill and sure enough, it was a white Model S. Oddly the badge on the right side of the trunk was missing so I don't know the battery size or whether it was RWD or AWD. I took a picture while we were leaving.

IMG_0071sm.jpg

Last edited:
Probably a 2012 or early 2013 car. Tesla didn't put model identifying badges on their cars for the first 7-8 months of production. My January 2013 Model S has no "S60" badge.

Just noticed it posted a huge copy upside down too. I thought I had deleted that. Now it won't delete it for some reason.

I thought it might be the nice forum member who gave me a test drive when I first joined, he has a very early, white Model S, but the guy who walked in the restaurant with his wife was a different person.

Just noticed it posted a huge copy upside down too. I thought I had deleted that. Now it won't delete it for some reason.

You can delete the upside down copy by editing your post, selecting the "Go Advanced" option, and then selecting the "Manage Attachments" option. Once there, just delete the upside down photo attachment, and then save your edit.

(It took me a little while to figure that out too! :) )