Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one's difficult to confirm, but it would appear to be a Model S on SB Rochester just south of South Blvd. at 5:34pm. The lights caught my attention as usual, but couldn't see the DRL clearly enough to be sure and the body was effectively invisible.

Is there anyone monitoring this thread who regularly drives their Model S in this area? Judging by the lack of anyone claiming I spotted them or anyone else posting local sightings, I kind of feel like I'm the only one and my efforts to spot someone from TMC are more or less futile. There was the exception of SteelGrey, but that was a major fluke with him coming to my work on a brief contract.

2015-11-18_model-s-sighting-58.png

Last edited:
This one's difficult to confirm, but it would appear to be a Model S on SB Rochester just south of South Blvd. at 5:34pm. The lights caught my attention as usual, but couldn't see the DRL clearly enough to be sure and the body was effectively invisible.

Is there anyone monitoring this thread who regularly drives their Model S in this area? Judging by the lack of anyone claiming I spotted them or anyone else posting local sightings, I kind of feel like I'm the only one and my efforts to spot someone from TMC are more or less futile. There was the exception of SteelGrey, but that was a major fluke with him coming to my work on a brief contract.

View attachment 101378

My brother is temporarily living in Troy (Black S), but I do not believe that was him.

Pretty sure he's talking about the dark colored car on the other side of the road. The red car's not close at all...not even cigarettes!
Correct. I've seen enough of them on the road that pretty much any clear detail of any part, like the cars on my side of the road, would be enough to be sure. Unfortunately, the few visible details of the car in question are a little too blurry, or in the moment it was too quick for me to get a good look.

Last edited:

Nope. Close, but no cigar. Wrong logo on the back of the car, and Tesla's optional spoiler does not have a gap under it. Center brake light is not in that location. Similar tail lights, though.

Pilot_51 was talking about the Model S to the left of the red car that you are referring to, Todd.

Edit: Weird page refresh delay or something. I posted the above, and now see others beat me to it. Sorry for being repetitive.

I was in my kitchen a few minutes ago heating up my tea in the microwave and getting my mind back into work mode when I saw a car come down the street. My first thought was, "that headlight pattern looks like a Model S!" I couldn't see any better because I was looking through the branches of a tree in the front yard. I made my way to a better vantage point and sure enough, it was a Model S 85. The guy had just parked and was going next door.

Tesla.jpg

I was in my kitchen a few minutes ago heating up my tea in the microwave and getting my mind back into work mode when I saw a car come down the street. My first thought was, "that headlight pattern looks like a Model S!" I couldn't see any better because I was looking through the branches of a tree in the front yard. I made my way to a better vantage point and sure enough, it was a Model S 85. The guy had just parked and was going next door.

View attachment 101549

You didn't put a note under his wiper with the link to this thread? How can you call yourself obsessed?! :)

You didn't put a note under his wiper with the link to this thread? How can you call yourself obsessed?! :)

I try to keep my obsessions under wraps. :smile:

I initially thought it was the same Tesla I saw at the local high school a few months ago, but that one was a P85 and this was just a base 85. The license plate numbers on the two were fairly close together though.

When I had my P85 in NJ I ran across a Model S owner that had the same non-vanity plate as me except the last digit was one lower. Was pretty weird. He had purchased his months earlier than I also, making it even more weird.

Same here, drove by a Tesla with a non vanity plate with the last digit one higher than mine a few months ago.

Last night, saw a Tesla at the DE supercharger with a VA license plate with the last digit 3 higher than mine. The rest identical.

I suspect they batch order a sequence.

Same here, drove by a Tesla with a non vanity plate with the last digit one higher than mine a few months ago.

Last night, saw a Tesla at the DE supercharger with a VA license plate with the last digit 3 higher than mine. The rest identical.

I suspect they batch order a sequence.

All of the early CA signature Model Ss (that didn't have vanity plates) came with plates starting with "6USX...".