Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Initial Problems with the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, you mean like this?

View attachment 172380

When you park the car, are you seeing the falcon wing door icons greyed out (but not the front doors) in the door controls screen that displays? But you can still open them from the outside from the door handle?
Ouch. Exactly why I have mine set to the lower opening setting. Not going to chance it.

Took delivery March 26, MX 90D.
issues:
1. front doors opening and hitting objects and cars as reported by others
2. FWD not sensing distance to ceiling and objects. Actually hit our garage door resulting in a moderately deep scratch. Since then, had to manually stop doors (by tapping black plastic at bottom of FWD) to prevent hitting low ceilings/pipes in parking garages, etc.
3. also having front ultrasonic sensor issue with then going off all the time
4. drivers door had failure on delivery day, but was fixed with reset

Currently at the SC, now 3 days. Have not had any communication or updates except when I called yesterday (still waiting for fix from engineering?) Hoping to get it back soon because I can't wait to drive it again!
This deeply concerns me. I know ohmman has a thread where the sensors have been proven to work fine in low ceiling garages. But given the reports of FWD sensing issues in the last few days I would be pretty nervous operating the FWDs the first few times in my garage. If my X had issues with sensors and both sets of doors started hitting things I would probably go ballistic :\

My first post on this forum - hoping to get some help.

Just got my Model X P90D back from the service center on Friday after they recalibrated FWD, reset latch position and updated firmware. The right FWD would not open. This issue now seems to be fixed.

After a day of having the car back, both front door windows are out of whack. They go all the way up but are misaligned somehow so they go out all the way over the silver lining along the top of the doors and then retract back down about 1/3rd of the way. Both door windows are suddenly acting this way. Anyone else experiencing this?

My first post on this forum - hoping to get some help.

Just got my Model X P90D back from the service center on Friday after they recalibrated FWD, reset latch position and updated firmware. The right FWD would not open. This issue now seems to be fixed.

After a day of having the car back, both front door windows are out of whack. They go all the way up but are misaligned somehow so they go out all the way over the silver lining along the top of the doors and then retract back down about 1/3rd of the way. Both door windows are suddenly acting this way. Anyone else experiencing this?

Congrats and welcome to the forum. That seems to be a common issue. What is your VIN?

I had that on an Infinity when I disconnected the 12V. Called in, I was told by the tech the windows auto-calibrate. He had me roll them down completely and bring them back up, continue to hold the switch to"up" position for another 10 seconds. That did the trick. Not sure if this is the same w Tesla, but seems an easy tryout.

Yea, I don't have my X yet my VIN is in the 57xx range but I recall seeing post to roll the windows down all the way and hold the button for 30 seconds and close the door and roll it back up

+1

Can't remember for sure but I think it was suggested to hold it down in the up position too once it goes up. And you may have to repeat the procedure a few times until it works correctly if it does not solve it the first time.

Also it's implied you are doing this while the door is closed from inside.

Update on both front door windows - tried all the tips on here, to no avail. Left the car parked with the windows open a crack (the doors wouldn't shut properly otherwise) for 3+ hours. When I came back, the windows had somehow recalibrated themselves and they are now working normally. I have no idea what happened or why!

Update on both front door windows - tried all the tips on here, to no avail. Left the car parked with the windows open a crack (the doors wouldn't shut properly otherwise) for 3+ hours. When I came back, the windows had somehow recalibrated themselves and they are now working normally. I have no idea what happened or why!
Probably the new autonomous service center nanobots.

Wow, at 3000 range i expect the car to be problems free. I can't believe there still door related problem at this stage.
It's not an ordinary car. So normal expectations won't work here. The problems with doors begin occurring during the delivery rush of March. They couldn't have solved it then. Now, I believe they are working on the problems as they have paused the deliveries.
Also, I have read in another thread that you are counting the days so that you can trigger lemon law. It's in contradiction to the calm and progressive mindset you claimed to have few weeks ago. It's a car with new features. Your car will have door problems until Tesla finds a solution. Triggering laws won't help.
I believe Tesla will solve the problems that have occurred recently by mid May and will start deliveries again. They won't allow same problems to occur again.

It's not an ordinary car. So normal expectations won't work here. The problems with doors begin occurring during the delivery rush of March. They couldn't have solved it then. Now, I believe they are working on the problems as they have paused the deliveries.
Also, I have read in another thread that you are counting the days so that you can trigger lemon law. It's in contradiction to the calm and progressive mindset you claimed to have few weeks ago. It's a car with new features. Your car will have door problems until Tesla finds a solution. Triggering laws won't help.
I believe Tesla will solve the problems that have occurred recently by mid May and will start deliveries again. They won't allow same problems to occur again.

Trigger lemon law is part of a process, it has nothing to do with your mindset or calmness. The lemon law is something manufactures are aware of, don't assume people who bring out lemon laws are bad, vicious and bad tempered people who are looking for trouble and damage tesla in anyway possible. This is simply a process to get a car replaced and purposed by both service center and myself. I guarantee the quality of your model X is not nearly as bad as mine and not as expensive either. You don't understand the difficulty of balancing between controlling your frustration and maintaining a clear mind to solve the problem at the same. If you look at all other threads I have posted, I am more than helpful in participating some problems shooting even without my car. Peace!

Trigger lemon law is part of a process, it has nothing to do with your mindset or calmness. The lemon law is something manufactures are aware of, don't assume people who bring out lemon laws are bad, vicious and bad tempered people who are looking for trouble and damage tesla in anyway possible. This is simply a process to get a car replaced and purposed by both service center and myself. I guarantee the quality of your model X is not nearly as bad as mine and not as expensive either. You don't understand the difficulty of balancing between controlling your frustration and maintaining a clear mind to solve the problem at the same. If you look at all other threads I have posted, I am more than helpful in participating some problems shooting even without my car. Peace!
Okay. If you say so.

• Disagree
Reactions: goneskiian
If the ossified auto industry and incompetent and corrupt dealerships (not me, per Tesla booster club) can live with the low bar set by lemon law, then I'm 200% sure Tesla can glide over that low bar with flying colors. No need to make an exception for a cutting edge , super efficient company; the unquestionable leader in the auto sector.

In fact, not long ago, in an earnings call, Mr. Musk mentioned his aspiration to provide service like we see in the NASCAR race. But looks like he might have confused seconds with days. Instead of 30 seconds, it takes 30 days :(

Last edited:
Had our X for 2 weeks now and it's relatively problem free (knock on wood). Only issues I am noticing is rattle in the fwd when driving, right front passenger door sometimes makes clicking noise for a few seconds after opening as if the motor is trying to do something.

One more issue I am having is when I drive and then come to a stop the sensors in the front show we'd as if something is there and start alarming. As soon as I drive off they stop, then restart when I come to a stop again even if there is nothing in front of me. A reset fixes the issue but it comes back after I park the car and leave then come back and drive again.

Anybody see this before? Suggestions?

Had our X for 2 weeks now and it's relatively problem free (knock on wood). Only issues I am noticing is rattle in the fwd when driving, right front passenger door sometimes makes clicking noise for a few seconds after opening as if the motor is trying to do something.

One more issue I am having is when I drive and then come to a stop the sensors in the front show we'd as if something is there and start alarming. As soon as I drive off they stop, then restart when I come to a stop again even if there is nothing in front of me. A reset fixes the issue but it comes back after I park the car and leave then come back and drive again.

Anybody see this before? Suggestions?

Yes, i have. It's not exactly what you want to hear but here we go:
1. rattle in the fwd when driving - mostly caused by two things, one could be a loose motor or mechanism in side the door, one could be rubber seal around the car are not aligned property.
2. licking noise for a few seconds after opening as if the motor is trying to do something - I saw this problem at the Tesla owners meet, a X owner also has this issue, after several open and closing of that door, the door failed to open nor close. The owner is bringing to service center the next day.
3. sensors in the front show we'd as if something is there and start alarming - This is also a common issue that I have not seen yet due to the limited time with my X. But many people on the forum have the same issue.

Bottom line is to document all the problems and bring in to your SC to get all fixed at the same time. All three issues are very common issues. Should be fixed pretty quickly.

Reactions: highedu