Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Noodles Response - New Supercharger Eau Claire, WI, ICED by NOODLES @_@

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the manager of Noodles' Social Media Team is gonna be facing in the morning...

noodles.jpg

No doubt Noodles corporate will not be happy to find out that their employees are pissing off EV owners (and potential customers) out there on the highway...

A forum member (AudubonB) said that he saw one of the supercharger contracts between Tesla and the host and it did involve Tesla paying rent...

Perhaps that was an exception. Elon said at the annual shareholders meeting that they pay little or no ground rent for the supercharger locations. The presence of a supercharger is a benefit to the land owner.

As I also had written, I am not at all privy to any other contracts. Two points, though:

* "little rent" does not mean "no responsibilities by the counterparty" - not in any contract!

* the contract I've seen does contain clauses that stipulate lessor and lessee each will make a best-efforts to address ICEing (it's not called that in the contract, but the meaning is quite clear). It is extremely clear to an outsider that the wording of the contract acknowledges this rather-uncharted ground of reserving seeming open-ground parking spaces to one subset of the public will present challenges in the near-term future.

I would strongly suggest the lessor - is that Noodles in this instance or is the chain also just another tenant? - be courteously but firmly persuaded to emplace "EV charging ONLY" or some such other signs, and leave the more draconian towing for the nonce. The ramifications of backlash to the transition to EVs is a FAR MORE IMPORTANT OUTCOME than any individual vehicle getting ICEd.

On edit: Let me reinforce the importance of that last sentence with "red" and "bold"...right, done.

AudubonB, I wasn't suggesting that not paying rent doesn't mean the land owner doesn't have responsibilities. I was just responding to the statement "It should be made clear that Tesla pays rent for any dedicated spots". I was trying to say it's not a rent payment that makes the landlord responsible. The landlords is responsible in return for receiving the benefit of having superchargers on his property, attracting customers. Each side benefits from this arrangement even if no money changes hands. We're in agreement here.

Interesting. If you look at @noodlescompany's Twitter feed over past few days, they are a very active presence with their community of followers, responding to every tweet with "sure, Vanessa" and "thanks, Bob" and "hope you come back soon, Lisa", stuff like that. All through yesterday.

Then, beginning 16 hours ago and continuing to this moment. Silence.

AudubonB, I wasn't suggesting that not paying rent doesn't mean the land owner doesn't have responsibilities. I was just responding to the statement "It should be made clear that Tesla pays rent for any dedicated spots". I was trying to say it's not a rent payment that makes the landlord responsible. The landlords is responsible in return for receiving the benefit of having superchargers on his property, attracting customers. Each side benefits from this arrangement even if no money changes hands. We're in agreement here.

While the landlord does benefit from having the SCs on their property, I don't think that's "enough" to make them provide ongoing maintenance and enforcement. (I assume) The superchargers aren't easily removable, which means Tesla can't easily take their ball and go home if the landlord doesn't play nice. If they pay rent, though, that's an incentive for the landlord to keep providing maintenance/enforcement.

Noodles just responded on FB.

Noodles & Company Hi Bonnie, thanks so much for the comment and sorry to hear about this. We've spoken to the team there and can assure you that we are on it! We love having the Tesla charging stations there and know how important it is to keep the spaces open.
Vind ik niet meer leuk · Beantwoorden · 1 · 2 minuten geleden

I also received a nice tweet from them this evening where they apologized and promised it won't happen again. They even bothered to look up my name which was a pleasant surprise.

maybe we should update the thread title to show there's a positive resolution?