Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the pics I saw, the front face and rear C pillars were obviously disguised with tacked on body panels. I must assume those cover panels are doing some work that simple camouflaged paint cannot accomplish.

If the headlights actually thinner like on the E Mission concept, and the C pillar and rear quarter more like the concept of E-tron GT, it could still be an amazing looking car.
I have no doubt that the finished product will look better than the test mules. But I think between the test mules we've seen and the Mission E prototype, the final production car will look much closer to the test mules. I don't think they'll be messing too much with the shape of the car this late in testing since it'll affect aerodynamics wouldn't it?

I have to say I am disappointed with how the Taycan is shaping up. Design wise the car is looking more like a Panamera than the Mission E prototype. It’s not that I think the Panamera looks bad, it’s just nowhere near as sexy as the prototype. And secondly they just announced the pricepoint of the base model is starting at $92K. That’s a far cry from the rumoured $75K. Which leads to my next point—range. $92K for an EV with an estimated EPA range of 250 miles or less is underwhelming to say the least. I know for the Porsche/sports car enthusiasts it won’t matter that much, but if Porsche wants it’s EV to go mainstream they have to deliver on range. Range anxiety is still one of the biggest obstacles in converting most ICE owners to EV. I feel like 300 miles will be the new magic number for EVs moving forward the next few years.

The fact is concept cars are always advertising tools and never meant to work. The Mission E was clearly made to look nice on the outside without regard to interior spaces. The Panamera too suffers from that compromises and could not excel in either area. it's (un)popularity is pretty much expected. That's the downside of having to have its cars to look like a Porsche/911. Something got to give if you want a sedan to look like a sports car.

• Disagree
Reactions: noicepls
taycan-charger.gif

Rare look at Porsche Taycan’s automated charge port door and 'frunk'

I'm sure this is not how the car will finally be looked. Would be horrible if it is even close to this. Lame looking front and A pillar after looks like it's designed by Dodge.

Let's not worry too much, these pics are clearly of a heavily camouflaged car. It's a very good sign that the headlights under the fake lens covers look to be streamlined like in the concept.

Let's not worry too much, these pics are clearly of a heavily camouflaged car. It's a very good sign that the headlights under the fake lens covers look to be streamlined like in the concept.

Not so sure of that. Panamera never was a success in the looks department. Too much compromises imposed for having to make a sports sedan look like a sports car 911. Maserati, Aston Martin, Audi and of course Tesla all are able to design nice and graceful sports sedans because they don't have that restraint.

Reactions: FlatSix911 and jgs