Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting news from Porsche. What is the high speed charging infrastructure like in Europe?
Central Europe is pretty good.
Lot's of IONITY 350kW chargers to go basically anywhere.
Unbenannt.JPG

Plus Fastned and many other providers...
Unbenan2nt.JPG

the panamera was the best selling Porsche ever, till the cayenne and then Macan came along..
You got it a bit backward. Porsche came out in 2002 with the Cayenne 9PA as a third model, next to the 986 Boxster and 996 991. The Panamera was only introduced in 2009 as the 970, just before the 2010 Cayenne 92A refresh.

Reactions: wws
You got it a bit backward. Porsche came out in 2002 with the Cayenne 9PA as a third model, next to the 986 Boxster and 996 991. The Panamera was only introduced in 2009 as the 970, just before the 2010 Cayenne 92A refresh.
Yeah, I got it flipped.. Cayenne was best selling, before Patnamera became best selling. Then Macau became best selling. Model expansion certainly helps with sales and revenue though.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Yeah I'm not sure on best sellers, but that Cayenne came as a lifesaver for Porsche. Who thought in 2020 a luxury SUV from a sports car brand would become the most popular model and save the company :)

Actually, the Panamera has never been as popular as the Cayenne in Europe. The Cayenne averages at +10K a year since 2003, while the Panamera only reached once 10K of sales a year, in 2017. The Macan has been an even bigger succes, with most years passing 20K of sold cars per year in Europe. On average, the 911 was selling easier than the Panamera.

Porsche Panamera European sales figures
Porsche Cayenne European sales figures
Porsche Macan European sales figures
Porsche 911 European sales figures

Yeah I'm not sure on best sellers, but that Cayenne came as a lifesaver for Porsche. Who thought in 2020 a luxury SUV from a sports car brand would become the most popular model and save the company :)
Actually, the Panamera has never been as popular as the Cayenne in Europe. The Cayenne averages at +10K a year since 2003, while the Panamera only reached once 10K of sales a year, in 2017. The Macan has been an even bigger success, with most years passing 20K of sold cars per year in Europe. On average, the 911 was selling easier than the Panamera.
Porsche Panamera European sales figures
Porsche Cayenne European sales figures
Porsche Macan European sales figures
Porsche 911 European sales figures

So sad that Porsche has become an SUV company... :cool:

You do realize that Lamborghini has always been producing tractors and still does?
Home Lamborghini Trattori - Tractors - Lamborghini Trattori (even though I believe that they are two different companies nowadays)

There has also been a Porsche tractor: Porsche-Diesel Motorenbau – Wikipedia

From what I can tell the two companies were always separate, but both started by Ferruccio Lamborghini. Lamborghini has changed hands a number of times being owned by Chrysler for a while and it's been part of Volkswagen group since 1999.

He started Lambo cars because the founder of Ferrari insulted him.