Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Love or hate your front plate bracket on refresh MS

If you have a refresh Tesla model S, what did you do with the integrated license plate bracket?

• I hated it and I removed it with no noticeable bumper damage/glue residue

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • I hated it and I removed it, but with visible bumper damage/glue residue

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I hated it but kept it because I am afraid of damaging the bumper

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I hate it it but kept it because I live in a state that requires front license plates

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • I loved it and did not remove it

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I advise against going for this option if you're in Texas. Just having this sort of thing on your car is a Class C misdemeanor for the first citation (up to $500 fine), and it's a Class B for subsequent citations (up to $2,000 fine and/or 180 days).

You probably won't be hauled in for a first offense (though there's no guarantee), but you can just about bet on it for a second or later offense. Cops usually don't want to fool around with a missing front plate if there is nothing else to write you up on or you're passing through a speed trap sort of area. However, cops and courts REALLY don't like the plate hiding devices. I got that from a friend who is a police officer.

i guess ohio doesn't have the speed traps that TX has... :) I agree this needs to be used cautiously, but it's really impressive.
Here's a video link when it was installed on my last car:

Thank you all for your feedback. So I decided to try and remove it today. I've had my car for 7 weeks now. I removed the front screws and pulled the bracket away from the underlying plastic piece and examined the condition of the bumper and I found out that the paint/top coat is slightly scratched where the edges of the bracket come in touch with it. This might have resulted from the bracket vibrating against it while driving on the highway.
I guess this might have been prevented had I removed it right after delivery. Something to think about for future owners.

• Informative
Reactions: RacerX