Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of XPEL Ultimate install on Multi-Coat Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having my MS done next week......XPEL Ultimate... Full Hood, Front Bumper, headlights, full front quarter panels, mirrors, and bottom half of rear bumper. $1800. Talked me out of doors basically...Also they don't use the pre-cut, the cut on the car so edges get wrapped under where possible. Got them from Xpel website and I visited the shop today and they had 3 Ferraris, 2 Porsches, a crazy Lambo and just did an M3. They asked if i could tell what parts where wrapped and what wasn't. I really had to look!

Heres the website. Detailing Dynamics

I'm having my MS done next week......XPEL Ultimate... Full Hood, Front Bumper, headlights, full front quarter panels, mirrors, and bottom half of rear bumper. $1800. Talked me out of doors basically...Also they don't use the pre-cut, the cut on the car so edges get wrapped under where possible. Got them from Xpel website and I visited the shop today and they had 3 Ferraris, 2 Porsches, a crazy Lambo and just did an M3. They asked if i could tell what parts where wrapped and what wasn't. I really had to look!
Heres the website. Detailing Dynamics

Go for the full rear bumper so no lines. Also the area in front of the rear wheels is subject to stones, I guess from the rear tires.
I also had the push surfaces of the chrome door handles done to prevent scratches. You can't even see it but will protect against rings, fingernails etc. j

Finally, I had all my door edges done; yea you can barely see it, but better than door dings.

You got a good and fair price.

I'm pretty sure I asked for a quote specifically for xpel, but the exact wording of the conversation, I'm not sure how it went. I knew that they offered multiple options, so I thought I clarified, but maybe they were on a different page thinking that they would use xpel patterns, and I didn't even realize that was a possibility.

Go for the full rear bumper so no lines. Also the area in front of the rear wheels is subject to stones, I guess from the rear tires.
I also had the push surfaces of the chrome door handles done to prevent scratches. You can't even see it but will protect against rings, fingernails etc. j

Finally, I had all my door edges done; yea you can barely see it, but better than door dings.

You got a good and fair price.

Here's the part of the bumper I'm doing......I assumed this would show NO LINES, not sure what you mean. Which part of the rear are you referring too?

back bumper.jpg

Here's the part of the bumper I'm doing......I assumed this would show NO LINES, not sure what you mean. Which part of the rear are you referring too?

I consider what you've outlined the full rear bumper. Just make sure that the installer continues that piece so that it covers the flat area that lies under the trunk lid. That area is subject to scratches from luggage or groceries being loaded into the trunk. And make sure that that piece continues from the rear bumper so there's no line.

I had my white Model S front wrapped by Gold Wurks of Rocklin CA. This is a husband and wife team trained and certified by XPEL. They primarily do dealer cars but will come to your house as their schedule permits. They did an amazingly meticulous job. You would think they were working on their own car, which by the way was a beautiful wrapped red Chevy. Their bid was comparable to other dealers but much to my surprise the included the lights and nose cone. They did the full front hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors. The result was flawless and you cannot tell that the car has been wrapped.

I had my white Model S front wrapped by Gold Wurks of Rocklin CA. This is a husband and wife team trained and certified by XPEL. They primarily do dealer cars but will come to your house as their schedule permits. They did an amazingly meticulous job. You would think they were working on their own car, which by the way was a beautiful wrapped red Chevy. Their bid was comparable to other dealers but much to my surprise the included the lights and nose cone. They did the full front hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors. The result was flawless and you cannot tell that the car has been wrapped.

Sounds like a great place. Would you share the approximate cost? I am not far and they sound like they are very experienced.

I met you at SacEV plug-in day, correct? ;)

I finally got around to washing the car and taking some photos of the wrap. You really cannot see the wrap unless you look really closely in the few spots where they were unable to wrap around the edge. PM me if you have any questions or if you would like to see a high resolution image.

P1060985.jpg
P1060985.jpg
P1060986.jpg
P1060987.jpg
P1060988.jpg
P1060989.jpg
P1060990.jpg
P1060991.jpg
P1060992.jpg
P1060993.jpg
P1060994.jpg
P1060995.jpg

What about detailing before the Xpel Ultimate application? My car has almost 6k miles on it. I'd like to remove the paint armor and apply maximum Xpel Ultimate coverage. Seems as though a full detail/swirl/paint correction should come first. Is this correct?

Going back a bit in this thread, how would I know if I got Xpel from an Xpel-listed installer vs. another product just cut with Xpel software?

Hard to tell...you can always call XPEL and ask about the installer you're using. You can also have the installer give you the ID# on the roll he's using and cross-match it with XPEL.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard from many sources you should paint correct before applying any film including xpel. You want the paint under the film to be pristine as that is what you are protecting....

+1...if you don't do a proper clay/polish of the paint prior to install, you're trapping the contaminants under the film. As for paint correction, that purely a perfection act. You technically will not see any swirls or scratches, light ones, under the film. But, if you're OCD like I am, you want to know the paint is perfect before wrapping it all. That's why we include a proper paint correction before every ppf install