Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of XPEL Ultimate install on Multi-Coat Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We looked around the Sacramento area for a wrap and settled on Appearance Solutions to wrap 80% of our new Red Model S, and add some window tinting. We looked closely the work quality they had just done on another Model S before choosing them and handing over our baby. Looked great, and our car came out the same way. They used XPEL Ultimate. I gather they do a lot of the Teslas in our region. Very convenient to work with as we set a date and they came out to pick the car up, did a complete wash and then delivered it done two days later. They can be reached at 916-402-9325. Ask for Michael Justis.

Last edited:
Xpel Ultimate saved my paint job. Several weeks ago I noticed a big bird poop on my hood. It has been there for several days but I ignored it.
When I washed it off, the Xpel had wrinkled under it. That must have been some powerful poop.
Anyway, I panicked and called my installer, Evan Rowe. He told me to pour several pints of hot water gently over the area.
The more I poured, the flatter the wrinkles got until they were gone. Now, I can't find where it happened.

Jeff,
Will XPel standup to a carwash?

Hi Everyone,
I noticed there was some interest on the forum about paint protection film, so I figured I would make myself available to answer any questions about having film applied to your car. Just to address some that I have already seen:

• Pricing does vary quite a bit for installations, even within a single market. While not always true, it is typical that the most highly skilled installers charge the most, because their services are in the highest demand. The quality/durability/thickness of the film will also factor into the pricing as well.
  • The XPEL dealer locator features installers that use our film and/or us our precut pattern software, so you may run into some listings that use the film but not the software or vice versa.
  • XPEL film is actually quite easy to remove after years of use. In fact, of all of the brands of film available today, there are only one or two that are considered tedious to remove.
  • XPEL Ultimate doesn’t require any type of additional maintenance, but the sealant does make the surface a little slicker to make it even easier to wipe off bugs or bird droppings.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have regarding XPEL or paint protection film as a whole!
Regards,

Jeff Phillips

I'm having my MS done next week......XPEL Ultimate... Full Hood, Front Bumper, headlights, full front quarter panels, mirrors, and bottom half of rear bumper. $1800. Talked me out of doors basically...Also they don't use the pre-cut, the cut on the car so edges get wrapped under where possible. Got them from Xpel website and I visited the shop today and they had 3 Ferraris, 2 Porsches, a crazy Lambo and just did an M3. They asked if i could tell what parts where wrapped and what wasn't. I really had to look!

Heres the website. Detailing Dynamics

Matt and Eddie are some of the best in the industry. You're in great hands.

Looks good and great pics. I've been looking into getting some sort of paint protection. I've had my MS for about 3 1/2 weeks now and do a lot of highway driving. Has anyone looked into the Xpel stealth film?

We've done a few cars in Stealth and feel it's one of the best materials of its kind. The trick is, you need a very capable installer that can do it correctly. As you can imagine, you need to cover every square inch of the vehicle to have a uniform matte look. Even door jams and wrapping around edges are necessary. Much better way to go if you want a matte look. Matte paint has tendency of getting etched easily and unfortunately, the etchings cannot be polished off.

I think Jeff can verify this, but I believe XPEL Stealth is the same proven technology as Ultimate. And when you get bored of the matte look, simply peel off and you're back to factory color. Pretty neat upgrade/enhancement.

Anyone wrap or Opti-coat in Dallas? Really could use a reference....

I paid $3,500 in Dallas for same treatment. I got other quotes of $3,700 and $4,300.

Hi there-do you have a recommendation for a Dallas location who does the wrap (3M, Xpel, etc...) and/or Opti-coat? Really want to do the Opti-coat soon but hate to just pick one of the very few listed on their official website without anyone giving them a thumbs up. Thanks!!!

Hi there-do you have a recommendation for a Dallas location who does the wrap (3M, Xpel, etc...) and/or Opti-coat? Really want to do the Opti-coat soon but hate to just pick one of the very few listed on their official website without anyone giving them a thumbs up. Thanks!!!

Scott Hair Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing :: Home does Opticoat Pro and has completed several Teslas. I have used him on several cars and recommend him.

If you get the wrap, Scott can coordinate his work with the wrapper, so it's an efficient process.

That's great - have Scott scheduled for next week. Any chance you recommend someone for the wrap? I just need a few areas done.
That's good. Scott's a good guy and I expect you'll be pleased.

Unfortunately, I don't have a wrap recommendation. I'd ask Scott and Chet at the Service Center what they think. I saw Scott was at the Service Center detailing a car that had just come back from body work, so I expect they are familiar with the same folks.

Here's my multi-coat red with a full Xpel Ultimate wrap. To anyone who says paint protection film diminishes the gloss or depth of the paint, I say "Nonsense!" (at least, for Xpel that is).

IMG_20150109_193419.jpg

This is suntek with opti pro. I had Xpel on the P85+. The install work on the P85D was much better than the P85+. Took 2-3 days, all pieces custom cut and wrapped behind wherever possible. Speed freak detailing in Chantilly, VA. I highly recommend them.

1a05453895eb5f5bee3ae833083cf50b.jpg
d88a34b970a344dad35c3468cc8d07ce.jpg
4b3533a3ebe9d8dc2ca9040572171a25.jpg
0f4175c2aa162919e7aedc0fc5104f4b.jpg

Now I just need to get my grey TST wheels back on :/

Last edited: