Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate Finally Done! With Pics........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I first ordered my P85 I was told NOT to get paint protection from Tesla cause its bad on white and will yellow. Well after reading tons of posts about it here, and the fact I would NEVER be able to deal with the line on the hood I made my decision to go with XPEL Ultimate for the self healing, 10 year warranty, and people were very happy with the product. Also people say its the best NON YELLOWING available.....Time will tell. I heard of these guys http://www.detailingdynamics.com/page/company from people with super high end cars getting them detailed and wrapped, so I figured I would go see their shop. The shop was filled with what looked like a Miami drug cartel warehouse. Name the car they had it.

I decided to have the full front, full hood, full front quarters, shark fin in front of rear wheels, and full rear bumper. Also had headlights and fogs done. Entire hood was wrapped under. They also touched up some spots I already had on the front bumper and hood. Next car I go from dealer to shop, DO NOT PASS GO! They charged me $1900 all in.

I have attached some pics and a small video. Enjoy! :tongue:

wrap2.jpg
wrap3.jpg
wrap1.jpg
shark_fin.jpg

wrap5.jpg
wrap6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a very similar wrap done - did mirrors but not the shark fin or rear bumper. It looks great though the mirror has visible seams since it's impossible to do a single sheet piece because of it's shape. It cost a bit less (1600ish). The guy is Auto Armor in Lynnwood, WA and I'd use him again. I know most people in this area use a place in Bellevue but they are out of sight expensive and I doubt they would have done a better job.

I'm very happy with Xpel and the installation.

Same thing my guy said about mirrors with lines but I am going back and getting them done. My ADD is kicking in....

Congratulations Jerry.

My guy wrapped my mirrors custom. Picture this: everything on the outside mirrors is wrapped to the glass except the inside vertical surface. Took him several times on the driver's mirror to get the edges to stay (near where the glass starts). Also had exterior vertical surface of the door handles wrapped to prevent scratches and make fingerprints easy to wipe off. And all 4 door edges. Finally, I had him put a 3" oval piece on the top rear edge of the trunk because the first time I opened my trunk, it hit the opened garage door. The S's trunk opens higher than an car I've ever had.

David

Congratulations Jerry.

My guy wrapped my mirrors custom. Picture this: everything on the outside mirrors is wrapped to the glass except the inside vertical surface. Took him several times on the driver's mirror to get the edges to stay (near where the glass starts). Also had exterior vertical surface of the door handles wrapped to prevent scratches and make fingerprints easy to wipe off. And all 4 door edges. Finally, I had him put a 3" oval piece on the top rear edge of the trunk because the first time I opened my trunk, it hit the opened garage door. The S's trunk opens higher than an car I've ever had.

David

Can you post a good picture of your mirrors?

I have a MC Red, P85+ and had XPEL film put on the hood, front and rear bumper, headlights along with 3M Crystalline 70 window tint (subtle but effective)
- all done by Eddie and the guys at Detailing Dynamics - They did a fantastic job - highly recommended -

Jerry - your P85 looks beautiful!!!

P85+, multi red, tan, matte obeche, 21 silver, pano, tech, sound studio, expel, crystalline 70

I have a MC Red, P85+ and had XPEL film put on the hood, front and rear bumper, headlights along with 3M Crystalline 70 window tint (subtle but effective)
- all done by Eddie and the guys at Detailing Dynamics - They did a fantastic job - highly recommended -

Jerry - your P85 looks beautiful!!!

P85+, multi red, tan, matte obeche, 21 silver, pano, tech, sound studio, expel, crystalline 70

Eddie mentioned he did a red Tesla.....Funny....You didn't do your mirrors either? I going back to have them done even though they cant wrap the entire mirror.

Where in Long Island you from? I have a Verizon store in Franklin Square.