Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel shelf (pic) and CF spoiler - FINALLY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's actually a setting there whether to show the spoiler or not, just like there is for color and wheel choice.
BTW, for the OCD folks (like myself) if your settings (wheel type, car color, pano roof, spoiler, etc.) are incorrect for your vehicle this can be corrected remotely if you contact Tesla. They fixed my wheel setting being wrong within a few hours (maybe faster) of when I called, while my vehicle was unattended (I was at work).

As of today,the San Diego service center hasn't received the parcel shelves or CF spoilers as well.

SD Service technician Erick has been awesome. He actually emailed me out of the blue after seeing me post on this forum, asking if I needed help getting my due bill items. After about a month of me emailing and calling various people and departments regarding getting the CF dash material for my car (incorrectly delivered with Piano Black), Erick let me know that the parts finally came in today. I could sense Erick's frustrations with the internal processes for the service division, it sounded like multiple requests to the factory were ignored, and they had near zero visibility as to when parts were getting shipped to them.

Finally got two of my due bill items installed; CF spoiler for my P85 and the mythical "parcel shelf" (why the heck is it called a parcel shelf anyway? You certainly wouldn't store parcels ON it)

It's way better than the flimsy one that's in the early prototypes, but it won't blow anyone away with the quality as far as touch and weight goes. But it matches great, folds halfway back so you may not need to remove it often, and a nice touch is that it snaps "closed" (down) with hidden magnets in the rails rather than just flopping down and laying there by virtue of just its own weight.

When you slide it in place (NOT simple oddly), it does set back into the right place at the back of the track with a click that tells you it's fully seated.

View attachment 16468

View attachment 16469

View attachment 16471

View attachment 16472

View attachment 16473

All in all a nice addition and I'm glad I got it, though not the most exciting upgrade for the vehicle. But at least I can leave things concealed in the trunk if I prefer rather than the frunk.

I noticed you also have what looks like a cover with handle where the depressed foot area for the option rear seats would be. Was this included with the parcel shelf ?
My Model S Sig did not come with this.

That's great, that was about the only complaint I had with the car. I wonder what caused it, maybe it was the footwell cover acting as a drum?

There are a couple things that are going on with this particular issue. The rear hatch can move a bit if the shims are not adjusted properly. Search the forum for the 'pressure buffeting' thread and there is a long discussion. If you tap on the back of the rear seats, you can recreate the sound. So something is going on with the air movement in the car that is causing the back of the rear seats to act like a bass drum head. Then the big open space of the trunk/hatch area acts like a bass drum cavity, causing that bass drum type sound/pressure.

In the official Tesla website forum, someone there had the service center adjust the latching mechanism of the rear hatch as well to reduce the amount of movement the rear hatch has. The pressure buffeting issue is one that can be solved, but it involves a couple of things that need to be adjusted, so keep at it and you'll be able to get resolution to the issue!

My non Sig MS did come with a footwell cover. The LA service center received a shipment of these, so it is probably a due bill item for anyone who do not receive one when their car was delivered.

Definitely did not come with the car. I never realized until I saw the photos. Thanks for posting JoshG.
Should be no problem. Wonder if the cover will damped any road noise ?

I noticed you also have what looks like a cover with handle where the depressed foot area for the option rear seats would be. Was this included with the parcel shelf ?
My Model S Sig did not come with this.
No, that footwell cover came with the car upon delivery. Was NOT a part of the parcel shelf delivery. surprised you don't have one. Would call your DS or service rep, or just email ownership team.