Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative to the standard Model Y parcel shelf? Its trash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the reason Tesla used the solid piece of ** vs a roller shelf is acoustics.

As I mentioned above, it really depends if you have an earlier 2 fold OEM parcel shelf or a more recent (mid23?) 3-fold one. The former is utter trash and unpractical, the latter is slightly more convenient and easy to retract and move around.
My car came with the two fold version and I leave it at the 2/3 open setting which I find to be ideal. On the two occasions it needed folding behind the rear seat it wasn't too difficult ether so perhaps that confirms I'm just an 'utter trash' type of person 🤷‍♂️

My car came with the two fold version and I leave it at the 2/3 open setting which I find to be ideal. On the two occasions it needed folding behind the rear seat it wasn't too difficult ether so perhaps that confirms I'm just an 'utter trash' type of person 🤷‍♂️
Mine also came with the 2 fold 2022 version and I was surprised to come across this thread with people complaining! Mine has always folder back and stayed without issue and is simple to access the boot.... I actually thought it was a good design to compromise between access and acoustics. So also no issues with the design for me!