Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parade Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
My Roadster has been in a few parades. Electric cars are generally great for parades because they are quiet, don't pollute, are easy to modulate at low speeds, etc. Unfortunately, despite the fact that the Roadster is a convertible, it is hard to stand up in it without standing on the seat as the windshield rakes back over the floor.

The pano roof on the Model S makes it a perfect parade car. Just open the roof, slide the passenger seat all the way forward:

IMG_4995.JPG

Step in to the back seat, et voila, you are parade-ready. Lots of room, things to hold on to, no leaning, etc:

IMG_4999.JPG

I think it's clear that Tesla has the lucrative parade market all locked up.

That's an awesome picture! You should redo that picture in front of a green screen or something. I'm sure the photoshop experts here could have a lot of fun with that by adding an invading force behind him.

Ha! Love it. I'd be wearing the same thing (It's a Norsk thing).

Hey, thanks for stopping by PDX / the Cheesecake Factory this week to meet us all. Sorry I didn't get down to your end of the table to hear more stories. It was great to see your car though. :)