Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still seeing inventory being discounted up to 10%, thought that's 10% off the new MSRP ($1000 higher than in March). But if you don't need a car now it's probably worth watching and waiting to see what happens as the quarter progresses.
Yeah I will wait but I’m pretty sure this inventory isn’t gonna move if they don’t lower it more

Reactions: olsookie
Yeah I will wait but I’m pretty sure this inventory isn’t gonna move if they don’t lower it more
Aren't they just going to limit Model Y production and increase Model 3? Aren't they smart enough and have enough data just like we do to say, ok convert the Y lines into 3 lines?

I don't know why the mentality here is they are just going to continue producing without any care for sitting inventory , pile up 20,000 cars and then say "oh crap we made too many!" and fire sale them for $10k... Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't make sense, I would think they would just convert lines to Model 3.

Last edited:
Aren't they just going to limit Model Y production and increase Model 3? Aren't they smart enough and have enough data just like we do to say, ok convert the Y lines into 3 lines?

I don't know why the mentality here is they are just going to continue producing without any care for sitting inventory , pile up 20,000 cars and then say "oh crap we made too many!" and fire sale them for $10k... Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't make sense, I would think they would just convert lines to Model 3.
If they fire sale I’d consider getting a second one.

Reactions: vickh
Aren't they just going to limit Model Y production and increase Model 3?
This implies there’s significant unmet demand for the 3 and I just don’t think that’s the case.
I don't know why the mentality here is they are just going to continue producing without any care for sitting inventory , pile up 20,000 cars and then say "oh crap we made too many!" and fire sale them for $10k...
So long as they can sell them at a profit, even a greatly reduced profit, they’ll keep the lines cranking out cars.

I think the sweet spot is 39,999 for performance and 36,999 for awd. Rwd 32,999 and they will all sell very well. These prices are with the $7500 fed tax credit. Enough of this color nonsense too let them be the same price or a smaller 399 upcharge. I think a big problem they are facing is there are a bunch of people that have been brainwashed by the media that they will never own an electric car even if it is superior and costs .04 a mile to drive.

Reactions: olsookie and vickh
This is where having such a limited line of cars is hurting them so badly. If they could be cranking out subcompact sedans or crossovers they wouldn’t have to flood the market with model Ys.

Need a second electric car (for the kids) now but probably going to be a Leaf or used i3. Needs to be under $30K to qualify for max credits in Colorado. Wish it could be a Tesla!

This is where having such a limited line of cars is hurting them so badly. If they could be cranking out subcompact sedans or crossovers they wouldn’t have to flood the market with model Ys.

Need a second electric car (for the kids) now but probably going to be a Leaf or used i3. Needs to be under $30K to qualify for max credits in Colorado. Wish it could be a Tesla!
The 3 is too small for me. I have a rtic cooler and you can’t get it into the trunk. So today road tripping we had to use the backseat as our cooler spot. The 2023 lfp on the 3 is awesome though. It went from 12% to 54% in 15 minutes at the supercharger. The car I fancy (a black y performance) happened to be next to me at the charger

I would do a used 3( ez under $30K) vs a a Leaf or used i3.

Looks like discounts retracted back to the 4-6% range.
It’s hard to guess what Tesla is doing here given that we’ve been led to believe they have a massive amount of sitting inventory. And it coincides with the 10% layoff announcement this morning.

The black/black MYP that i purchased on March 31 for $47,040 is now $53,270. Over $6K increase in two weeks.

TSLA might need to try something new as the old Walmart plan of high production and taking market share is out of step with today's challenges. At some point they might need to act like a normal auto manufacturer and stockpile a slew of cars for the rest of the year. Wall Street analysts might not like that.

I saw an article over the weekend about ongoing challenges in the solar industry too. Maybe some TSLA layoffs there as well?

Looks like discounts retracted back to the 4-6% range.
Which is hilarious considering no one is buying right now. They just laid off a bunch of employees
IMG_5163.jpeg

Reactions: Skavatar
He's their one-man marketing and PR team, got to take everything out of his mouth with a huge chunk of salt. This is probably an attempt to get people who are waiting and waiting for the best deal to make their move, but given the oversupply they have I would be very surprised if discounts didn't come back closer to the end of the quarter, especially if volume doesn't pick up.

Reactions: olsookie