Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title suggests, I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a MY before the anticipated March 1 "price increase". There's a few considerations I have in mind and wondering what the community thinks I may be missing?

• I'm not in a rush one way or the other, I can be patient;
  • But I know the MY is for me!
  • Tesla is known to offer end of the quarter incentives, who knows if they'll offer any before end of Q1
  • I realize the best time to buy a Tesla is now
  • Inventory deals look pretty good now
What are your predictions for what Tesla does for end of Q1 2024?

As the title suggests, I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a MY before the anticipated March 1 "price increase". There's a few considerations I have in mind and wondering what the community thinks I may be missing?

• Tesla is known to offer end of the quarter incentives, who knows if they'll offer any before end of Q1

It's just like a stock analyst: No matter how good you are, you win some and lose some. It's hard to predict the future: Some will get it right, and some will not.

I’m in the same boat, timing the market is always luck of the draw. Others have opined that they think additional discounts will be available on inventory units at the end of the quarter. The car I like is still available, so I’m still debating February purchase vs late March.

Agreed with others. Luck of the draw. But if I were to bet. I would expect lower prices at the end of quarter.

Tesla has so many available MY. no way they can afford to increase inventory prices. They could go back to regular MSRP for custom orders. But that doesn't matter as they have almost every configuration available in inventory.

Msrch 1 price increase is a marketing gimmick. Only to likely lower inventory prices even further.

I agree the price increase being a TSLA gimmick. They promote FOMO best pricing only to lower thereafter. Also one time offer to transfer FSD keeps coming back. As long as you buy before TSLA slows production and starts lay offs. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens some time in Q2.

• Informative
Reactions: acpd and Nullogy45
I'll just ditto what was said above about waiting till the end of the quarter in that there will likely be better deals at that time. However, the one bit of information that is important about waiting for the end of the quarter is that you'll likely have to go with an inventory car and not be too picky about the configuration. So if you want that blue color with a hitch...well you might not get it. Also, you will need to jump on the price drop pretty quickly (like within the day, if not a few hours) as I have noticed in my area the cars going fast during previous end of quarter sales.

Reactions: WyoDude and acpd

Don't be like my dad.
In 1982 he was waiting for the prices to come down so he could purchase his first VCR. He passed away never owning a VCR
Don't be like my late dad.
Go buy the f ing car.

Data: In this configuration, in the mountain west, the new order price remains unchanged at $49,990. In this deliverable area, 3 new listed in inventory ranging from 0-2500 less.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.png
    IMG_0266.png
    695.1 KB · Views: 59
Inventory cars in my area are now 1k higher (with the pre-existing $2.5k discount). I'm assuming Tesla will drop the prices later in the month. If not, I'm not pulling the trigger with interest rates being so high. I'm not going to force myself into purchasing a car I know Tesla has been willing to put at a lower price point in the recent past.

Reactions: acpd
The same car I looked at this morning is now $3000 off, so an additional $500 already.
OMG. Seeing the same thing. They couldn't even wait a day. Like I said before this is going to be a disaster MY sales for Tesla this year.

They should have updated MY close to M3.

I am afraid, only price cut won't do it. They may need other things. FSD? Supercharging?? Deals..

Reactions: vickh