Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year with my 2022 Model Y Seven Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having just completing my first year with my Model Y at 18437 miles I opened a service request on the Tesla app for a tire rotation and a cabin filter replacement. The Tesla technician showed up in my driveway and after checking the tread depth of all four tires at 7/32 informed me that I didn't need a tire rotation.
He only replaced my two cabin Filters.
The reason that I didn't need a tire rotation is explained below.
One of the nice things about living in New Jersey is Tesla has Tire Roving Vans for tire issues. My first problem was a flat tire in the left rear while parked in my garage the first week of April. I immediately opened a service request on the Tesla app and forty minutes later a Tesla Service Tire Van appeared in my driveway. Tesla does not plug tires so one new tire balanced and replaced right in my driveway.
The second problem occurred later in April 2023 after a drive to Florida when the lift gate opened without showing up on the screen and some recently purchased items from Costco ended up on the Southern Blvd. pavement. Another service request and a trip to the Delray Beach Florida Service Center. A defective sensor was replaced at no charge under warranty.
At the end of April I was losing a slight amount of air in my right rear tire. Close examination showed a nail in the tire. Another trip to the Delray Beach Florida Service Center and another new tire. So two new rear tires at around the 10k mile mark resulted in not needing a tire rotation after one year.
Florida does not have roving tire vans like NJ does.
Very happy with my Y

Attachments

• Tesla Mobile Van IMG_9762.JPG
    Tesla Mobile Van IMG_9762.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Tesla Left Rear Flat Tire IMG_9761.JPG
    Tesla Left Rear Flat Tire IMG_9761.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Tesla Repair Van Fully Equpped IMG_9763.JPG
    Tesla Repair Van Fully Equpped IMG_9763.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Tesla One Year IMG_0528.PNG
    Tesla One Year IMG_0528.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Tesla One Year IMG_0529.PNG
    Tesla One Year IMG_0529.PNG
    85 KB · Views: 88
  • Tesla Cabin Filters One Year IMG_0534.JPG
    Tesla Cabin Filters One Year IMG_0534.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: TypeX
I had the Springfield service van come yesterday, was supposed to be able to swap the tire and do the service but they stuck on a loaner and do them all at springfield then come BACK to put the tire back on lol

Not all NJ areas run the same trucks, northern area like paramus covers some of NY also so they def need. more trucks out there BUT on the flipside its nice that they even offer it...

So currently running this induction loaner on my 23 7 seater haha

Oddly driving to disneyworld we had zero issues this summer & getting back here promptly caught a nail....!
tempImageaDQW7o.jpg