Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Latch Failure on a Saturday Night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Saturday night while in Florida My 2022 Y suddenly had a Frunk Latch Failure. The Frunk was closed but the screen indicated that it was not. A service request was opened and Tesla informed me that the Tesla Service Center in West Palm Beach was open on Sunday at 7AM.The vehicle alarm was going off so I drove it over to the Service Center where I spent most of Saturday night sleeping and walking. After they opened, they initially told me they would need to keep the vehicle until Thursday and gave me a loaner. Shortly after returning back to the condo at 9:30 AM I received a text that my Y was ready for pickup.
Great service by the Tesla Service Center. Thank you Gnovanni, Auson, Kevin, and Vo for such prompt service.
No charge under warranty

Having an opportunity to sit and play with the Cybertruck reduced my stress over the Frunk latch failure.
I mentioned that I had to replace three tires already on my Y due to nails.
I was informed that a nail in a Cybertruck tire that needs to be replaced runs about $600

Attachments

• Tesla Frunk Latch Failure IMG_0715.jpg
    Tesla Frunk Latch Failure IMG_0715.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Tesla cybertruck IMG_0719.jpg
    Tesla cybertruck IMG_0719.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0720.jpg
    Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0720.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0722.jpg
    Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0722.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0726.jpg
    Tesla Cybertruck IMG_0726.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
How often do you use your frunk? Do you think it's something that happened due to frequent use or just a random thing? Either way, not very comforting to know that this sort of thing could happen, LOL!
I think it was just a random failure. Last year I had a trunk latch failure. The Frunk is often used as I have a Costco cooler in there.
What made me happy was that the Tesla Service Center on Okeechobee Blvd in West Palm Beach Florida is open at 7AM till noon on Sunday.

Attachments

• Tesla Frunk Cooler IMG_0639.JPG
    Tesla Frunk Cooler IMG_0639.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: gx9901