Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: TSLA Shareholder Meeting 2016 Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Mr. Dahn (forgetting first name) joining Tesla's efforts to improved battery technology, how does this impact the current plans, as well as GigaFactory infrastructure (i.e. if a new tech is researched, using different chemistry, how would this impact the GF in terms of ability to modify itself, and costs involved to do so)?

(not sure they would really answer this, but would love to hear something about what their plans are with Mr. Dahn joining the team)

Reactions: lklundin
Many customers, both new customers and long-time owners of multiple Tesla vehicles, have found the company's communication with its customers, and apparent internal communication, to be considerably lacking. This can alienate customers, harm the brand, and lead to operational inefficiencies. As a shareholder, I view this as one of the main weaknesses of the company.
Is the board aware of this issue and can it assure investors that it is taking action to tackle it?
Thank you for all your fantastic work.

The communications issue is crucial for the company, but I frankly don't believe they can give a useful answer to it. :-( If it's fixed it's fixed. If it's not fixed nothing they *say* can provide evidence that they've fixed it -- after all, the board could assure us that they're totally on top of the communications issues, and then there could be a major communications failure between the board and the next layer of executives. :-(

One more, though again I don't really expect useful answers:

"The Tesla Model S software has introduced new bugs and new failure modes in over-the-air software updates, breaking things which were previously working. What is being done to change your software development model to prevent this sort of regression from happening in the future?"

I am a small bit hopeful, but not too, given that what, only six maybe seven people upvoted (and one person effing downvoted) my submission in this thread the other day, that someone will ask a meaningful question regarding the status, 2016/2017 strategy, and prospects regarding Tesla's fight against the states that currently ban or partially ban Tesla from sales and/or service.

No disrespect, but Californians, who bask in the neon glow of umpteen-gazillion superchargers, Tesla stores, and service centers from one end of the state to the other, are the probably the worst people to decide whether such a question is put before Elon Musk today. And yet I fear it is Californians -- who don't know what it is like to live in a state that flat-out bans Tesla and how that means a customer has no recourse but to have to schedule, far in advance, a Tesla Ranger to drive 8-12 hours from the Tesla service center in another state already beleaguered by its own customer demand, load the car on a flat-bed trailer, and drive 8-12 hours back to the service center, just to get service -- Californians who are going to decide what is cool and hip to ask the CEO and Chairman of the Board today.

I hope I am wrong, I really do. After last year's debacle of fan-boy questions, I really am not in the mood to hear "when will Model Y come out" and "will Model 3 have a HUD" questions today when there are customers (many of whom are SHAREHOLDERS and many of whom have also ordered Model 3) who deal with the hassle of corrupt state legislatures and stupid anti-competitive laws every single day, and need RESOLUTION to this longstanding issue especially before the onslaught of the accelerated Model 3 roll-out.

I really am not in the mood to hear "when will Model Y come out" and "will Model 3 have a HUD" questions today when there are customers ... who deal with the hassle of corrupt state legislatures and stupid anti-competitive laws every single day, and need RESOLUTION to this longstanding issue

Amen from TX, @tinm
However there may be an aspect of not wanting to "tip our hand" regarding plans that may be in the works to challenge (or Bully Trap) these established law-dealership-lawmaker-law "money-for-legislation" feedback loops.

Screen shots from the somewhat lengthy presentation ... Tesla Company History milestones:cool:

2016 Tesla Finances.PNG
2016 Model 3.PNG
2015 Model X.PNG
2015 Tesla Energy.PNG
2014 AP launch.PNG
2014 Gigafactory.PNG
2013 MT car of the year.PNG
2013 DOE loan paid.PNG
2012 Supercharger.PNG
2012 Model S delivery.PNG

Last edited: