Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oct 23 Status of Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
Tesla, if you are listening...........

Skip to the end if you are not interested in details.

I just had a brake upgrade done on my Model S.
As part of the upgrade, Tesla had to replace several significant suspension components.
I specifically asked them not to re-calibrate the ride height when they did the installation.

It took a good bit of time to do the upgrade and Service re-calibrated the ride height without reaching out to me first.

Within two days, I had a left rear suspension error which I tracked down to a communication cable to the left rear damper. I reseated the connectors and the error went away but the strain relief attachment for the cable to the damper was broken so I tie wrapped it in place temporarily and made a service appointment to correct the issue. I reset my lowering links to stock length and asked that they, once again, re-calibrate the ride height.

Tesla reached out to me today saying the work was done. When I got to the service center, I was told the problem could not be replicated, was probably because I drove through deep water and they had not re-calibrated the ride height.

Why all this stuff happens and what says about Tesla.

Your only interface with Tesla is the service request on your phone. The only post request interface is the text messaging. That text communication only goes one way. I explained in great detail about (1) not re-calibrating the ride height, (2) the nature, cause and required corrective action for the left rear suspension failure and (3) the need and reason for the ride height to be re-calibrated during the repair visit. They ignored ALL of that. The tech that came to the front to speak with me simply said they do not read the texts. The only way to communicate with the company and they do not even look at it. I believe there is a name for the elevator door open button that is not hooked to anything but simply placed their to make passengers feel like they have some input to the process (when, in fact, they do not).

Tesla, you lose. Sure, you wasted an hour of my time driving down two the service center and another half hour talking to a tech who's radio transmits but does not receive. In the process, your tech spent a bunch of time and money looking at things that are not the problem, you were out a Model X loaner for a week and you still have to go back and do the original work the car was brought in for. For me, it is a cost of doing business with a company that simply does not care for customers. We are an inconvenience. For Tesla, there is a real world dollar cost to this way of doing business apart from loosing business and, eventually, you will also loose business as well.

Shame. The product is awesome which is the only reason I put up with the purchase (twice every three to four years) and service (maybe three times per vehicle ownership) interactions.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSLA Pilot