Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time using Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my 2019 Model 3 for a bit over 12 months now and I've just had my first experience with Tesla service and I gotta say I'm very impressed. The basic warranty is up of course. The car developed an intermittent fault in the cabin camera. I used the app to put in a service request. The service rep I texted ran a remote diagnostic and suggested that I wait for the next over-the-air update to see if it fixed the problem and if not to put in another ticket. There was no charge for this interaction.

The update came a few days later and the problem persisted. I put in the second ticket and was given a choice of several time slots to have a mobile tech come out and replace the camera. I selected the date of the appointment and confirmed that I wanted them to come to my workplace. They came out yesterday and had the camera replaced within about 10 minutes. Total cost with tax was about $365. They sent a tech from Louisville, three hours away, and the total cost was only $365!

They had to have lost money on that repair. Crazy, but I'm not complaining. And btw, the tech was driving a Model S Plaid marked Tesla Service. Oh Tesla, lol.

IMG_7783.jpg

When the mobile service folks have to drive a long distance, they will usually batch up several service tickets into a single trip to a specific area. They did that for us in Wichita for the first several years of my ownership. Late last year, they finally had enough owners here to justify a permanent tech in town to handle us and others in the immediate area.

It is true that their “dealer” service rates for issues like this are pretty cheap, especially considering that it saves you and I a 6-hour round trip to the nearest service center.

Reactions: TRWhit