Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Links - "Suspension may not be level"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put lowering links on, then on the first drive I get a warning saying "Air suspension requires service - Suspension may not be level" that flashes on and off.

Do the links need to be the same length, at least between both front wheels and rear wheels? I used blox links, but adjusted them based on my fender height. Stock, there was ~7/16" difference between the front left/right wheels, the rears were closer. This way, the links were different lengths to make the fender heights match instead. Could this be the problem or something else?

I don't seem any other posts about this warning after installing lowering links, but most people just set it at -5/6 unrelated to the actual ride height it looks like.

That does look like it was the problem. I had the warning most of the way home from work, so I set the links to match left/right to the shortest link and went on a drive and the warning didn't come back. The adjustments didn't seem linear (the fronts were almost 4mm apart) so I'm sure the car thought it was very crooked. The rears are ~3.5mm longer than the fronts and they're all within 3/16" fender height now and it looks like that's what it will have to be. I doubt tesla would even calibrate it if I put the stock links back on and complained my fender heights were <1/2" different, haha. I did waste a lot of time trying to get it perfect though.

Hopefully this helps someone if they get this warning - you have to keep left/right links the same length at least.

I was planning to do the same. My rears aren't level based on fender height. About .5 inch difference and it's visually noticeable from the wheel gap to the fender. I was planning to adjust my passenger rear lower link to raise it to the .5" difference but now im not sure.

I was planning to do the same. My rears aren't level based on fender height. About .5 inch difference and it's visually noticeable from the wheel gap to the fender. I was planning to adjust my passenger rear lower link to raise it to the .5" difference but now im not sure.
You might be able to cheat a little and get it closer, but after taking the wheels off for like the 10th time, I just set them equal. The warning came on within 1000ft of driving and hasn't been back in the past week since setting them the same length.